Working out of SNC-Lavalin’s office in Baytown, Texas and with members within the Oil & Gas Sector, the Survey team is responsible survey work including assisting Instrument Man with measuring in the field & maintaining equipment and work site and vehicle housekeeping. The Survey team is committed to meeting the external and internal needs of SNC-Lavalin’s stakeholders worldwide, while presenting a clear and consistent corporate identity.
As a Party Chief in the SNC-Lavalin’s Survey department and reporting to the Survey, Special Projects Coordinator, you will work as part of the Survey team and will receive technical direction from the both the Lead Party Chief and the Instrument Man when instructed by the Survey Coordinator in the field. The Party Chief’s Supervisor is the Survey Coordinator that reports to the C/S Department Manager. You will also be responsible for supporting internal client survey teams on various needs for specific Oil & Gas Projects.
- Check E-Mails, Survey Schedule, and Survey Work Request Log.
- Supply Survey Party Chief Information to maintain inventory of supplies & equipment.
- Daily inspect all tools before use. Tag all equipment if found in a condition not suitable for use or if in need of repair denote on tag and inform Survey Party Chief. Then remove from work vehicle.
- Assist Instrument Man in testing Survey Instruments and Auto-level after returning from maintenance work or calibration.
- Load vehicles with all tools and materials. (See Tool Inspection 1.7.3)
- Regulate work to ensure all site safety standards, acceptable practices, & guidelines are adhered to.
- Communicate any safety issues, regardless of the severity to Survey Party Chief.
- Receive ExxonMobil Work Permit or approval to begin field survey work when requested to do so by the Survey Party Chief.
- Communicate data collection issues to Survey Party Chief.
- Responsible to make sufficient adherence to GL-10-07-0 Error Reduction Process.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Assist Instrument Man in Operations of various survey-engineering instruments devices to measure distances and collect data; makes cross section, profile, location, topographic and construction layout surveys.
- Assist in establishes lines, critical points and angles; digs ground using a shovel and other hand tools to search for and locate survey monuments and points. Sets, Cleans, and Paints all points used for survey purposes.
- Frequently walks up and down steep slopes of ditches or on rough and uneven surfaces or ground such as sloping terrain, plowed or furrowed areas or construction sites; stooping, bending, reaching, lifting and carrying of items up to 20 pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds. Ascending/descending multiple flights of stairs, climbing in area that requires the use of fall protection.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these difference.