Pavement Asset Lead
Atkins, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operations UK are part of a consortium, creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
As part of our 30-year remit to manage and improve the capital’s orbital motorway network, we deliver major improvement projects, such widening 38 miles of the M25, refurbishing tunnels and bridges, and installing hundreds of variable messaging signs and gantries, helping to maximise the use of the network and deliver more reliable journeys. We also manage the Dartford River crossing, and operate and maintain 440 kilometres of motorway providing our customer and road user with a world-class highway service.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
We are currently looking for a Pavement Asset Lead to join us working out of either of our main depots (South Mimms, Dartford or Leatherhead)
Management of pavement assets.
· Be the key point of contact in the Asset Team to assist with commercial and operational agreements to establish the Contract Change resulting from the implementation of third party additional works and network improvements schemes on pavement assets.
· Engagement with Highways England, DBFO Co and key stakeholders internally.
· Liaison with O&M team to assist on technical aspects of maintenance including the providing of advise for emergency and temporary repairs to pavement assets.
· Production of AMFP for pavements and continuously develop / improve the 5 and 30 year programme in order to demonstrate the management of condition in order to meet handback requirements within the DBFO Contract
· Undertake and manage Inspections, lifecycle analysis, Whole Life Assessment and Asset Strategy reviews
· Engage in the identification and implementation of innovation across the business
· To act in a way that demonstrates the values of CPS and the Parent Company
· To Contribute to continuously improve the Health and Safety culture across the contract
· To manage and react to unforeseen events, Watchman reports and HAILS; including being available to be placed on the 24 hour call out register at a minimum of six days in six weeks.
Live the Connect Plus Services Values
Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
Support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities
Qualifications/ skills/ experience:
· Substantial experience in pavement design, construction and maintenance.
· Qualified to degree level or equivalent with proven experience
· Membership of appropriate Professional Institute (example ICE, CIHT, or equivalent)
· Recent Management experience.
· Experience in pavement design standards in accordance with the RWSC, DMRB and MCHW
· Practical understanding of pavement operations, maintenance and renewal
· Experience in developing Bills of Quantities and Scheme estimates
· Experience in understanding the Commercial Impact resulting from a changed operational regime, resulting from external influences
· Skilled in MS Office, HAPMS; Confirm experience and ability to apply skills to new and evolving Asset Management Systems and Tools (Agile)
· Broad Project Management and programming skills
· Broad knowledge of other highway related areas including but not limited to Drainage and Geotechnical