Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
Atkins is shaping the future of transportation and we’re looking for talented people to join us in developing and expanding our Digital Asset Management practice. You’ll join at an exciting time with asset management being a key growth theme across both our Transportation and wider businesses.
As the digital world collides with our physical environment, we're facing a wave of opportunity to use our skills in new ways. Our team is seizing this opportunity to grow and shape the industry. We are a team of asset management and engineering professionals with rich and diverse professional and personal backgrounds, and we cover all parts of asset management, including, strategic, tactical, pavement design and consultancy, analytics, and resilience advice. The projects we work on are varied, dynamic and stimulating, providing plenty of opportunity for new challenges and personal growth.
Atkins are looking for Pavement Engineers to join our growing Pavement Consultancy team within the Digital Asset Management Practice. The primary focus of the role will be the technical delivery of a range of pavement engineering and research related projects for a number of national road administrations, local authorities and PPP organisations throughout the UK and overseas.
The role will require the successful applicant to assist the pavement technical lead within our pavement engineering consultancy, therefore proven skills and the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently will be required.
It is anticipated that the successful applicant will be based at either our Cambridge or Chelmsford office, other locations can be considered. Regular travel to other UK offices/sites and occasional overseas travel forms part of this role.
- Technical delivery of a variety of consultancy projects in the field of pavement engineering;
- Preparation of reports, technical specifications, contract documents and drawings;
- Undertaking of visual condition surveys of pavements and associated highways assets, both onsite and remotely via video mapping software;
- Analysing survey data from multiple sources to design pavement maintenance treatment options;
- Ensuring project deliverables are prepared on time, within budget and to the highest quality standards;
- Promote pavement and asset management within Atkins;
- Complying with and championing company processes and policies, and ensuring adherence to safety, welfare, quality and environmental requirements.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, or similar disciplines.
- Knowledge and understanding of pavement design principles in accordance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
- Knowledge of pavement materials (Concrete, Asphalt and Hydraulically Bound Materials) and associated defects;
- Knowledge of both intrusive and non-intrusive pavement surveys and experience of interpreting the resultant data;
- Experience in the application of UK standards for the design of pavements for highway, airfield, port and other applications;
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD
- Good written skills and track record in the preparation of reports and technical specifications
- Ability to work in a client facing environment, with good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-Transportation | #LI-UK | #LI-ATKINS
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.salary - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.locationfreetext - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.description - en-GB **
Highways EngineerAtkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.reference - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.expirydate - en-GB **
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs