Permanent Way Design Engineer
Permanent Way Design Engineer
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected engineering, design and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. Atkins has a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others will follow and to deliver the future of mobility today. The Transportation business covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management, from inception and options appraisal through to detailed design and delivery/construction support.
To meet our growth ambitions, we are seeking an experienced Permanent Way Engineer to join our Derby office and assist the UK wide practice team in delivering a portfolio of both local jobs and the biggest and most challenging UK projects.
The individual we seek shall be motivated, results driven, proactive, keen to learn and develop as part of a larger PWay design team. They should be a member of the PWI and show an interest in track matters. We will value you for going beyond to exceed expectations and assist in delivering innovative solutions. After all, we can’t achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic rewards, benefits and development opportunities.
- Higher Educational Qualification (a minimum of HND qualified in Civil Engineering).
- Preferably Eng Tech or IEng (From either PWI, ICE or IMech) or working towards professional qualification.
- Minimum 5 years experience in permanent way design.
- Able to author technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
- Good understanding of Network Rail, London Underground & Railway Group standards as well as the relevant British Standards and Eurocodes.
- Able to present their work and represent their colleagues on the project in presentations and meetings.
- Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project teams.
- Develop broad technical competence and able to check work of all those in the project team;
- An understanding of track construction methods, stageworks of projects, PWay components and surveys.
- Proficient in Microstation and Bentley Rail Track (BRT) design software production as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A working knowledge of using ClearRoute 2 software.
- Responsible for completion of projects to time and cost.
- A willingness to work flexibly (as required) to assist in the delivery of projects.
- Good interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger team capable of completing work within budget and to programme.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us:
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Diversity & Inclusion:
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
Principal Consultant- Road Safety Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and togethe
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It'
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs