Atkins, part of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
Our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Business work with leading names to transform the future of aerospace and defence engineering whilst our security, intelligence and government teams are trusted by organisations to help them understand the threats they are facing and develop the strategies to counter them.
We are looking for an experienced Personal Assistant to join our ADS&T business to support the HR Business Partner and additional Directors. The business is a technical consultancy providing advice and engineering expertise to public, regulated and private sector clients.
The position is varied, working as part of a team providing multidisciplinary support to complex projects in the UK and the location is flexible.
- Educated to GCSE level including Maths & English
- Recent experience of working in a similar role supporting multiple directors
- Competent in the use of MS Office suite including Outlook inbox management
- Excellent administrative and communication skills with a professional telephone manner
- Good organisational & time management skills with the ability to prioritise, multi-task & meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and able to produce quality documentation
- Reliable, vibrant and keen team player with a willingness to cover absence
- Demonstrate discretion and trustworthiness due to exposure to sensitive information.
- Experience with legal documents and financial figures an advantage
Provide efficient PA support including: managing diaries, emails and non-core tasks enabling Directors to conduct their roles more efficiently.
- Provide full secretarial support to the HR Business Partner and other Director(s).
- Extensive diary management, responsible for all appointments and updates, utilising MS Outlook
- Meeting and event organisation; inviting attendees and liaising with internal and external contacts
- Arrange catering for internal and external meetings as required.
- Preparing presentations and circulating document packs when requested.
- Coordinating and collating draft reports for review by the HR Business Partner.
- Inbox management – flagging important tasks, deadlines and prioritising or dealing with emails as required.
- Point of contact for telephone enquiries and ensuring all messages are forwarded or actioned accordingly.
- Organise travel arrangements via the corporate provider.
- Collating and managing expense claim submission, process invoices, and submitting timesheets.
- Provide light support to other Directors across the business and PA cover when necessary.
Why work for Atkins?
With Atkins you will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience plus learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
Atkins is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.