Pipeline Specialist - Onshore (SME)
Faithful+Gould are currently hiring a western-educated Pipeline Specialist to work with our Project Management Services (PMS) project team based in Khobar, to be working for a major oil company.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
- Initiate and support design quality improvement in Contractor’s Pipeline department by leveraging experience and good engineering practices.
- Provide technical reviews of Contractor’s Pipeline related engineering design deliverables with respect to compliance to client’s engineering standards and procedures, relevant industry standards and good engineering practices.
- Participate and contribute expertise during applicable project Value Improvement Practices and Technical Review workshops (3D Model Reviews, Risk Reviews, Value Engineering and Constructability Workshops etc)
- Initiate and participate in Contractor continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Support development of technical bulletins and various improvements initiatives towards planning and execution of client projects
- Provide technical assistance as a Subject Matter Expert to client Projects, Contractors and other discipline specialists.
- Provide mentor’s role to develop KSA Nationals and junior engineers.
- Provide technical input as required in development of new specifications and updating of existing specifications in line with Company requirements.
- Support of other client Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Contractors to resolve technical issues and ensure good quality Engineering execution and design integrity.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Held Lead Pipeline Engineering roles on onshore oil and gas industry projects.
- Minimum of 15 years of project relevant experience in oil and gas industry with comprehensive experience in Pipeline Engineering. Onshore Pipeline experience is mandatory.
- 10 years’ experience in a Pipeline Engineer role either with NOC/IOC/PMC/PMS/PMT, International EPC or Design Contractor organization.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of relevant international codes and standards. Previous experience with Saudi Aramco standards/projects will be an asset.
- Direct experience in development of Pipeline design deliverables during Feasibility, Conceptual and Detail Design Engineering stages such as Pipeline Basis of Design, Alignment Sheets, Plot Plans, Route Maps, Pipeline Wall Thickness Calculations, Material Selection, Piping Material Specifications, Valve and Equipment Data Sheets / Drawings, Stress Analysis and Tie-In Schedules.
- Knowledge of Pipe stress analysis programs such as Caesar II and Autopipe.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling engineering software e.g. Intergraph, AutoCAD, PDS and PDMS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants