Looking for a Senior Mechanical/Piping Designer with minimum 15 years of mechanical design experience in heavy industrial sector including, but not limited to, Hydro Power Generation (Balance-of-Plant, heavy mechanical), Thermal Power Generation (simple-cycle power plants, cogeneration plants, combined-cycle power plants), and Power Transmission and Distribution.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Operation and management of CAD software, primarily REVIT and AutoCAD;
- Working under the direction of, and deliver submissions to Engineers and Managers;
- Detail designing and modelling of systems including, but not limited to, the following:
- Pipe rack design;
- Storage tanks;
- Material handling; and
- Process equipment.
- Coordinating with other engineering (Hydraulic, civil, electrical and geotechnical) disciplines;
- Reviewing standards, codes, guidelines for design requirements;
- Performing vendor and/or construction drawing review;
- Producing engineering design packages for final checking and review, including:
- Facility general arrangement (aboveground and underground);
- 2D or 3D piping drawings;
- Piping support drawings; and
- Bill of materials (BOM).
- Completion of given tasks per project plans and schedules; and
- Preparing final project record (as-built) drawings.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience (industrial, mechanical);
- Demonstrated knowledge in design and production of engineering deliverables;
- Strong proficiency of 3D design skills (REVIT, CADmep, AutoCAD, AutoPLANT, Solidworks)
- Exceptional attention to details with self-checking skills required;
- Strong working knowledge of structural system is considered an asset;
- Strong problem solving ability; and
- Deadline driven with a strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail.
Our Latest Articles