This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team as a Planner in Ontario, Canada.
- Excellent P6 knowledge of use
- Ability to work with CNL Governance, Procedure, Process and Template
- Ability to create and good adherence to work to a Schedule Management Plan
- Knowledge of and ability to work with project life stage gate philosophy
- Commanding communication ability including writing reports and presenting
- Understanding EC, Engineering, PMT and CNL Functional Support principles
- Knowledge of Time management and planning
- Refine Project WBS
- Define Coding OBE/WBS/CBS Coding structures
- Identify Activities by WBS Node (via Interactive Planning Sessions [IPS])
- Develop Activity Logic (via Interactive Planning Sessions [IPS])
- Assemble Basis of Schedule
- Load Schedule Plan Data into P6
- Validate Durations
- Perform Schedule Constructability Review
- Perform Baseline Challenge
- Update Schedule Progress and Forecast Schedule
- Perform Progress Updates-Establish Physical Progress Achieved
- Monitor Plan and Schedule for Potential Impacts
- Develop What-If or Time Impact Analyses
- Perform Schedule QA and Correct Errors
- Analyze Schedule Progress Updates for Variances and Trends
- Implement Corrective Actions and Finalize Schedule
- Develop Schedule Kick Off meetings
- Identify and develop Schedule Strategy
- Develop Schedule Control Requirements
- Develop Vendor Schedule Requirements
- Good knowledge of activity levels and work package creation
- Good Organizational awareness
- Methodological approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong Problem solving
- Excellent Earned Value Management knowledge and application
- Develop Performance Management Requirements
- Perform Schedule Management Plan Reviews
- Work as part of a team and individually
- A Site Management background is beneficial
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCY SKILLS
- Analytical skills. Accurately evaluating detailed scopes. For example, a planner must determine how to minimize schedule with minimum resources without sacrificing quality.
- Detail oriented. Must pay attention to small details because such details may have a large impact on a product’s overall duration.
- Technical skills. Detailed knowledge of industry processes, materials, and duration are vital. They must be able to use recognized P6 Techniques and handle large sources of quantifiable data.
- Time-management skills. Because planners often work on fixed deadlines, they must plan their work in advance and work efficiently and accurately.
- Writing skills. Planners must be able to write credible Project Schedule Plans and Basis of Schedule.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Possess formal schedule training from an accredited college recognized as supporting being a Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) and a bachelor’s degree from a recognized course supporting planning. However, a few highly experienced personal may qualify without a bachelor’s degree.
- Voluntary certification can show competence and experience in the field. The Association for the Advancement of Cost Estimating International (also known as AACE International), P6 Primavera and the Project Management Institute (PMI) each offer a variety of certifications.
- Voluntary certification requires estimators to have at least 10 years of continuous estimating experience and must have passed a written exam.
- A bachelor’s degree. A strong background in logistics is welcomed. An industry-related field, such as construction management or resource management is acceptable. Aspects related to in business-related disciplines, such as business administration are considered valuable.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.