Why join us?
Our New York Team is Growing! We are seeking a Scheduler/planner with thorough knowledge of Primavera P6 software, and with Planning, Tracking and Monitoring of Project Scope, Resource and Cost experience This position will prepare Project Schedules, Resource Plans and Cost Budgeting from Scopes, Estimates, Drawings and Contract Specifications. This is an internal full-time position with us that comes with robust benefits and will sit at our client site in Jamaica, NY. LIRR Pass will be issued to the required individual to facilitate attendance at DPM office and transportation between the office and work sites. This is an Immediate Hire with interviews taking place.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Prepare Project Schedules, Resource Plans and Cost Budgeting from Scopes, Estimates, Drawings and Contract Specifications.
- Developing, maintaining and reviewing detailed CPM/ PDM based, resource and cost loaded schedules in Primavera P6
- Preparation of Time, Resource, Cost and Earned Value Analytical Reports.
- Interact with Project Team members during Project Planning, Design, development of
construction staging plans and review of site-specific conditions for incorporation into the work plan and project schedule
- Work Breakdown Structure and Activity Development - Subdivide the work to be performed by each discipline, using WBS, into manageable activities for coordination and control of the project.
- Preparation of detailed project schedules that accurately identify
the interrelationship of activities to be performed by the various force account disciplines
and third party involved in the project. This includes identification of the
predecessor/successor relationships and duration of activities to determine the early dates,
late dates, float and critical activities.
- Allocation and distribution of estimated manhours and cost by activity for each discipline involved in the project as required to define the
associated weighted value of each activity and to support the resource leveled development
of Master Resource Plan.
- Development and assignment of standardized codes for each activity based on the work breakdown structure (WBS) to identify the project, location, discipline, etc. for merging of all project files to provide capabilities for customized sorting of activities and resources.
- Analysis of physical work completed, and actual dollars expended against the planned goals and dollars budgeted for the project. Includes initiation of recovery schedules and corrective action plans to remain within estimate and budget.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology related field or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in planning, scheduling, monitoring and project controls of
Railroad capital program construction projects or equivalent projects. Experience on urban,
public works and railroad projects is desirable.
- Must have a valid New York State driver license.
- Ability to create simple as well as complex analytical reports using P6, Bl Publisher, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to integrate Project Expenditures Financial System data with P6.
- Preferred: Thorough understanding of elements of Railroad construction work.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs