Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Salt Lake City and reports to the Director, Planning & Scheduling. It is responsible for supporting the Project Management in Mining and Metallurgy Projects. It is expected that the planner / scheduler will introduce, expose and or assist in the implementation of common industry scheduling practices to the M&M team through their experience in the planning and scheduling of major projects elsewhere.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Taking the lead in developing and maintaining the project schedule(s) with collaboration from project managers/construction managers and inputs from engineering, procurement, subcontractors & client.
- Provides the technical support to ensure that the project schedule is maintained to client’s satisfaction.
- Prepare and maintain complex construction, engineering and procurement schedules for projects.
- Prepare reports for operations team and management regarding project scheduling activities.
- Review and incorporate subcontractor schedules into the master schedule.
- Provide recommendations for corrective action due to delays in certain aspects of the project.
- Develop schedules in Primavera or MS project for projects during all stages of the project.
- Work with client staff and sub-contractors to develop and status schedules for their project components.
- Ensure project schedule activities are coded by the project work breakdown structure for cost /schedule integration and analysis.
- Define and optimize critical paths, perform total float analysis and notify project management status of critical activities and schedule risks.
- Conduct recovery plans, contingency planning and schedule compression techniques.
- Support monitoring of contract actual progress versus planned progress and key performance indicators, provide exception reporting, and recommend actions.
- Produce consolidated progress reports and analysis with bar charts, S-curves, manpower histograms.
- Developing construction field installation work packages (FIWPs) schedule based on level 4 and integration with engineering/procurement work packages.
- Maintaining liaison with project team regarding scheduling activities and assisting them in determining schedule priorities.
- Attending project team and subcontractors’ meetings.
- Developing schedule variation reports from baseline.
What will you contribute?
- Post-secondary education or University engineering Degree (preferred).
- Minimum 8 years work experience in a similar position.
- Relevant experience on mining and metallurgy projects.
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- Comfortable with computer systems and software
- Excellent time management skills
- Willing to conduct occasional site visits for short periods of time.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 & MS project scheduling software
- Proactive detailed oriented and have a good knowledge of planning techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with client, subcontractors and staff at all levels.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles