Planning Engineer (Claims/EOT)
Job Purpose & Scope:
Providing support to the corporate Manager of Planning and Proposals group within the Project Controls Department to assist with dispute resolution and claims planning matters on multiple projects, including construction scheduling, delay and disruption analysis.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Demonstration of critical paths & consequent disruption etc.
- Demonstration of entitlement to EOT occurring as a result of delay/ disruption/ loss of efficiency.
- Production rate analysis and work cycle analysis to demonstrate entitlement to EOT, drafting of claim and negotiation strategy.
- Preparation of counterclaims and advice regarding retrospective analysis for EOTs, prolongation costs, disruption, programmer critiques and delay analysis critiques.
- Project based tasks to include fact-finding to detailed analysis, quantification of delay and damages, economic modelling, and strategy formation
- Work within the standard planning /scheduling procedures Ensure that these procedures fulfil client requirements and develop additional projects specific procedures where necessary.
- Prepare activity plans to accomplish all work required by the procedures and to ensure that sufficient planning resources are provided.
- Ensure the timely preparation and issue of a full suite of baseline planning and reporting controls
- Assist with the maintenance of quality assurance and quality control systems to ensure that the quality of the planning service on each project is maintained to the standards laid down in the contract Execution Procedures, through regular project audits
- Direct and control the work of all planning engineers assigned to the project.
- Mentor and develop planning team members, where appropriate
- Assist Management with performance appraisals of assigned Planning Engineers.
- Lead regular schedule review meetings with the project team including schedule development and schedule risk workshops as required
- Assist with Interviews and recruitment of planning engineers as necessary
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
- Regular interactions with Project Manager/ Project Controls manager.
- Engineering disciplines, Quality and Procurement Functions
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Has overall responsibility and accountability for the progress control and reporting
- Has high visibility to Saudi Aramco stakeholders
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; know when to seek advice.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Relevant degree or appropriate experience
- Site construction experience would be advantageous
- Previous experience in controlling, directing, supervising and managing the day to day activities of a planning team is essential
- A proven track record in FEED and EPC phases of refinery, oil & gas, petrochemical or similar facilities including revamp projects
- Have a minimum of 15 years’ experience, with 4 years of Forensic Planning experience with the main activities focused on the prosecution or defence of EOT claims.
- A great understanding of Delay and Disruption Analysis, Live Project Planning and Detailed design and construction process
- Self-motivated, energetic and tenacious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels up to top management
- IT/Computer Literacy in particular Primavera P6 and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to apply planning theory, process and best practices
- Capable of setting up, managing and motivating a team to deliver the planning objectives and achieving targets/milestones
- Willing to share information and develop junior staff
- Must have worked on large scale infrastructure projects ideally with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the MEA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our Latest Articles