Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
We are looking for Planning Engineers to support project teams working on nuclear generation sites and in our client’s support offices. Our planning function supports project teams working at various high-profile client sites giving our Planning Engineers a diverse and exciting workload. By the very nature of the projects you will be expected to deliver planning activities/functions on site for the Client and form part of a team approach to project delivery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person with an experienced background in the following sectors, whether in the nuclear, petro-chemical, oil and gas, defence or pharmaceutical.
In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
Job Purpose / Overview
- Working in the Scheduling Discipline of Project Controls, under the direction and leadership of the IPC Scheduling Manager, to establish, develop and maintain Project schedules / plans for either the Central Controls Team or one of the Programme Controls Teams.
- This will include the timely and accurate maintenance of the Integrated Work Schedule (IWS) in adherence with Clients processes, management of Level 3 (contract) schedules, and provision of time-related data and analysis. To assist and support the Central Controls Team when required to ensure alignment with the Level 2 (client) IWS.
- To support the Client in making informed decisions to support the efficient and timely delivery of work scope.
- It is the overarching objective of the Integrated Project Controls (IPC) Function to act as a centre of excellence: the intelligent owners of the single source of delivery performance information, operating as an integrated enabler for the successful delivery of the Project.
Knowledge & Skills
- Detailed understanding of scheduling methodologies and techniques;
- Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques in a UK context;
- Ability to produce accurate, complete and fully logic-linked construction plans;
- Good working knowledge of P6;
- High level of analytical and numerical skills;
- Good attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of other Disciplines of Project Controls (particularly Estimating, Cost and ROTC) including management techniques and associated software;
- Understanding of earned value analysis;
- Understanding of various contract types, in particular the NEC suite and FIDIC;
- Working knowledge of schedule risk analysis techniques;
- The ability to build relationships both internally and externally;
- Good commercial awareness;
- Working knowledge of French and/or Chinese languages an advantage.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of HND or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Construction or other related field;
- Proven relevant experience in a Project Management or Project Controls environment in a similar Scheduling role;
- Experience in the use of scheduling software, ideally Primavera P6 version 7 and above.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction or another related field;
- Professionally qualified with chartered or equivalent status;
- Experience of commercial contracting;
- Experience of working over the full lifecycle of a project;
- Experience on a major construction project;
- Experience in the Nuclear sector.
- The jobholder will be expected to have a working level of knowledge of, and to use, the following (or similar equivalent) software tools:
- Primavera P6 (Scheduling)
- Synchro (4D modelling)
- Acumen Fuse (Schedule Analysis)
- Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Teamcenter (Document Control)
Reward and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.salary - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.locationfreetext - en-GB **
Project, programme & cost management
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.description - en-GB **
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providi
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.reference - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.expirydate - en-GB **
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs