Planning Engineer (PMC - O&G)
F+G is looking for a Planning/Scheduling Engineer with PMC background to work on O&G projects across KSA.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.Job Description
- Experienced in preparation of detailed plans and time-scaled charts and diagrams and development and analysis of man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules; and can identify schedule slippage or other unsatisfactory performance contributing to delays.
- Able to review detailed construction planning schedules of projects in claims or dispute status.
- Experience in the development and to analyze man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules.
- Responsible for reviewing extension of impact on complex change requests and claims and where necessary prepare forensic planning and delay/ disruption analysis to determine the cause and effect of specific delay events.
- Work with project teams, which includes planners, contracts and project engineers, to pull together the correct information in preparation of analysis for claims and disputes.
- Responsible for reviewing the appropriate methods and perform prospective and retrospective delay and disruption analysis
- Provide impact analysis of schedule changes, identify schedule variances and opportunities and evaluate proposed mitigation strategies.
- Review third-party design and/or construction schedules and provide written comments. Participate with third-party scheduler to address schedule submissions.
- Prepare detailed schedule analysis reporting documents and briefing materials as required.
- Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or delay assessments.
- Familiar with Schedule Risk Analysis
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in dispute resolution methods
- The candidate must be a senior-level planner- scheduler with at least 10-15 years of experience in heavy process, building construction and oil/gas industries. Onshore capital project experience is preferred.
- Must have served as a senior or lead scheduler. Experience in reviewing Schedule Impact Analysis methods for complex Change Order resulting from Claims and Disputes from an Owner perspective.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline or Construction Technology area
- Familiar with Generally Accepted Scheduling Practices
- Advanced level use of planning tools such as Primavera
- Interface with Senior-Level management
- Strong Oral & Written Presentation Skills
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Our Latest Articles