Planning Engineer - Senior Planning Engineer
Planning Engineer - Senior Planning Engineer
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
We are looking for a Planning Engineer / Senior Planning Engineer / Associate Director Planning Engineer to support project teams working on nuclear generation sites and in our Northeast offices or client’s offices. Our planning function supports project teams working at various high profile client sites giving our Planning Engineers a diverse and exciting workload. By the very nature of the projects you will be expected to deliver planning activities/functions on site for the Client and form part of a team approach to project delivery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person with an experienced background in the following sectors, whether in the Transportation, Infrastructure, Industry or Energy.
In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
We are looking for a collaborative and sharp minded individual to:
- Provide/implement high quality planning and scheduling standards and expertise to Project Managers on projects
- Produce detailed logic linked project plans in P6 around project WBS
- Ensure integration of project control procedures into the project delivery process.
- Provide expert advice including daily, weekly or monthly schedule updates.
- Production of monthly planning reports, resource updates and projections.
- Production of ad-hoc reports informing the Project Manager of significant schedule impacts and their effect on progress and completion.
- Prepare information and attend regular planning and progress meetings
To join us you’ll need/have:
- A recognized diploma or degree or be qualified by experience.
- Significant experience in all aspects of planning and scheduling in Primavera products.
- Experience of the nuclear industry
- A flexible approach to be office or site based according to the needs of the business and client
- Effective client interface skills and experience with the ability to offer both strategic and project advice.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good IT skills and the ability to operate Primavera P6 as a minimum.
- Experience or knowledge of resourcing, progress measurement, earned value analysis, completion forecasting and status reporting
- Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience.
- Breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle. (e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes).
- Working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- The ability to reconcile cost information as it applies to the programmes of work.
- Proficient in the interpretation of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools.
- Proficient in the use of Earned Value Analysis.
The right person:
To do well in this role you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- A confident and professional manner, coupled with excellent communication skills, with clients and colleagues alike, to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence.
- An analytical thinker, you’ll also be able to show initiative and examples of creativity.
- Self-motivated and able to work well on your own initiative.
- Highly organised and able to prioritize.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across the wider teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to deliver to deadlines
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs