Plant Equipment (Proposal) Coordinator
Reporting to the Plant Equipment Operations Manager, the Plant Equipment Coordinator will work closely with multiple departments to execute the management and development of compliant, high-quality, and complete proposals for various projects. They will ensure the proposals are in compliance with the Client Request For Quote (RFQ), consider all customer requirements, and comply with Candu Energy Inc’s business policies, procedures, guidelines, quality standards, safety requirements and customer expectations.
- Liaising with product managers, manufacturing, engineering, procurement, logistics, and quality assurance to collect estimations of man hours for all discipline and all non-labor costs, as well as ask for technical clarifications, prepare goods and documentation for delivery to customers
- Discuss proposal development plan with contributors (their role, deliverables, work efforts, and dates) and obtain their commitment
- Reviewing and assessing customer requirements and historical information, verifying the material codes, previous POs and/or proposals submitted for the same plant and equipment, and ensuring the documentation specified in the Request for Quotation is available and filed in the appropriate systems
- Provides customers with clarification on technical matters regarding engineering (as per required)
- Preparing the technical proposal with input from Engineering when the customer has new technical requirements or Candu is proposing an alternative to the Customer requirements
- Generate the supporting documentation to facilitate the bid’s internal review and approval
- Ensure the timely submission of technically sound and compliant proposals
- Ensuring that the quality surveillance requirements are completed in full compliance to the signed contract
- Provide assistance in expediting PO’s with regards to procedures, documents, ITPs or any other deliverable items as required.
- Diploma or degree in related areas such as engineering, business, or marketing an asset
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience reading and analyzing requests for proposal (RFPs) and requests for quotation (RFQs)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preparing engineering plant equipment proposals
- Nuclear construction industry methodologies and practices an asset
- Project management experience an asset
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work in deadline-driven environments and work with teams to complete projects.
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitating meetings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.