Plant Equipment (Proposal) Specialist
Plant Equipment (Proposal) Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Reporting to the Plant Equipment Operations Manager, the Plant Equipment Specialist is responsible for preparing RFP responses and unsolicited large or complex plant equipment bids in compliance with the Bids Development procedure and aligned to the needs of the business as well as the support of project execution.
The Plant Equipment Specialist is responsible for co-ordinating and producing bids in response to client inquiries (Request for Proposals, Expressions of Interest, Tenders, Budgetary Estimates, Qualifications, and unsolicited pursuits).
- Specialist in the Plant Equipment Operations team and coordination with multiple stakeholders to deliver winning and approvable bids on time and in quality. Stakeholders consist of technical, project management, commercial, legal and other personnel resources as required.
- Proactively work in collaboration with Account Managers to determine strategic approach including persuasive content
- Facilitates proposal kickoff meetings and regular status calls
- Creates the bid outline and obtains scope descriptions, estimates and other inputs as required from the appropriate delivery groups to create a compliant and competitive bid
- Reviews, edits, and provides guidance on the creation of cover letters, executive summaries, and other key parts of proposals
- Maintains the bids database with accurate and timely updates (e.g. Start Date, Price, Go/Get information, etc.)
- Adheres to all Corporate Policies and Procedures including Compliance, Risk and Levels of Authority
- Leads the Purchase Order acceptance process and reviews Purchase Orders for accuracy and agreement with proposals
- Anticipates and mitigates potential delays to proposal submission, ultimately ensuring on-time delivery of the proposal
- Enforces approved style guidelines and ensures a consistent look and feel of all outgoing bids
- Works with broader bids team to create and improve best practices that ensure the Bids process is successful and efficient
- Recommends, manages and implements improvements of bid tools and resources
- Recommends and support implementation of supplier development strategies, as well as build relationships with suppliers of critical and strategic Plant Equipment which can provide major competitive benefits, in the form of lower costs, improved quality, on-time delivery, technological innovation, and customer service
- Engineer or technical background an asset (supply chain or commercial well weighed as well)
- 7+ years’ experience
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage several bids concurrently and works well under deadline pressures
- Excellent English composition skills to write effective proposals
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and Adobe Creative Suite including In Design (Photoshop and Illustrator a plus)
- Strong organizational skills, work planning skills, and the ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Innovation is an asset with proactive mindset to aid in improving processes
- Strong oral and written skills in order to interact with customers and internal staff
- Familiarity with Nuclear projects and engineering/technical terminology an asset
- Conversant with Nuclear’s corporate objectives, work methods, processes, procedures and organization
- Strong problem-solving capabilities required to tackle a wide range of unique problems
- Solid understanding of Nuclear’s costing and pricing models and its principles/requirements relating to treatment of risks, margins and cashflows is an asset
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs