Please note this posting is exclusively for McMaster University Students ONLY
*** Please note this posting is exclusively for McMaster University Students ONLY ****
Welcome to SNC-Lavalin, a global Canadian success story that continues to change our world from offices and project sites across the country. In 1911 our founder, Arthur Surveyor, set up his small office in Montreal with this big vision: to provide outstanding work for clients and their communities. Over 100 years on, we’ve not only sustained his legacy, but also shaped Canada with landmark projects from coast to coast.
Building a brighter future for Canada
Our work has determined cities, created infrastructure and boosted our economy. We are proud that it continues to make a difference to generations of Canadians: from satisfying 60% of Ontario’s power needs with Bruce and Darlington Nuclear Stations, to defining Montreal’s growth with the New Champlain Bridge, minimizing environmental impact at John Hart, continuing to exceed commuting standards on the Canada Line, and creating breakthrough innovations to protect road users on Trans-Canada Highway.
Connecting you to the world
Our global headquarters are in Montreal and we have more than 8,000 employees in over 100 offices in Canada alone. Our teams are proud of the impact they’re making abroad as well, with design that improves lives as far afield as Kuwait and Algeria. And with offices in over 50 countries, our employees relish the worldwide mobility they have within the business. At SNC-Lavalin you’ll enjoy endless opportunities to follow your career goals wherever they might take you.
- Cities & Development
- Energy (Nuclear / Clean Power / Oil and Gas)
- ENVIRONMENT & Geoscience
- INDUSTRIAL & MANUFACTURING
- Minerals & Metallurgy
- Security, Aerospace & Defence
Open Student Opportunities: Various Location
- Mechanical EIT / Mechanical Engineering Technologist R-032097 / R-032098: Locally based in Sudbury, you’ll work under the direction of experienced design staff to perform CAD and Revit work from detailed marked up drawings, perform calculations and designs, and perform site take offs. Previous exposure to building HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems is an asset for this role within our Complex Buildings, Infrastructure group.
- Junior Project Coordinator Co-op (Mech/Elec/Civil) R-023544: Based in Kincardine, you're a motivated self starter who'll support the Bruce Power Fuel Channel and Feeder Replacement project. You'll get the opportunity to work in both field and office settings, and travel where necessary. 3rd or 4th year Mechanical, Electrical, Civil/Structural students, we're looking for you!
- Junior Field Technician R-027162: Quality control and quality assurance testing in the field at our many infrastructure project locations is the name of the game with this role. Based out of our Vaughan office, you're open to site work, varying shifts and schedules, and if you've got the CCIL or CSA certification for asphalt or concrete, this is definitely a plus!
- Mechanical Engineering Intern R-029147: Based out of our Toronto head office, preparation of engineering documents and design calculations, in addition to data analytics and machine learning tools for plant design will be the focus of this junior role, perfect for a someone with strong data analytics skills and an interest in design engineering.
- Quality Co-op Student (1 year) R-031483: Calling on 2nd or 3rd year engineering students based near Courtice interested in understanding nuclear projects from an overall quality close-out/inspection standpoint!
- Lesson Learned Co-op: 2nd or 3rd year Engineering students based near Courtice interested in facilitating development of lessons learned reports, keeping the database up to date, checking the quality of documents to be catalogued, and monitoring reports and documentation.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.