Atkins is looking for Consultants who specialise in Project Management to join the team.
The key assets in our business are the right people and our continued success depends upon recruiting and retaining talented professionals from a multitude of backgrounds. We are as committed to diversity as we are to excellence.
It is essential you possess well developed written and verbal communication skills and can demonstrate strong stakeholder skills and/or have consultancy experience.
We have PMO positions available within Atkins ADS&T as part of the continued growth of our PMO Service. The roles are suitable for candidates who have a PMO, project support or coordination background in a Programme and Project Management environment.
Working from within our P3M Services Practice, you will primarily work as a client facing member of a project team.
You will be given significant responsibility for client-facing work from day one. All of our Consultants are expected to have regular interactions with clients and to support senior colleagues in delivering specific project outputs.
Consultants are also expected to make a contribution to Practice and business development. This may include being part of a bid team as well as developing new business propositions for existing clients or researching potential new markets.
You will be representing Atkins to our clients, so it is key that our values and ways of working are demonstrated within the role:
• Teamwork – Ability to work cooperatively with others and provide help where required
• Communication – High emotional intelligence - listens and questions effectively, concise verbal and written communication skills and effective questioning/listening skills. Able to communicate with confidence at higher and lower levels
• Flexibility – Ability to adapt approach to individual situations and remain calm under pressure
• Willing to work flexible working week if required. Understand the needs and constraints of projects, and have the ability to flex around these constraints
• Customer Focus – Delivers a high level of customer service to our external and internal customers
• Achievement – Looks to exceed client aspirations and works to goals and manages obstacles. Energy, pride and determination in meeting targets and overcoming challenges
• Initiative – Ability to analyse data and situations, break down work into key tasks and activities
• Development – Wants to continually develop new skills and undertake personal training and CPD
• Ethics and integrity – uphold Atkins high professional standards at all times
• Advocacy – be an ambassador for our wider business at all times
• Collegiate – Manage client demands whilst contributing to the development of the P3M Services Practice
A working knowledge and demonstrable experience in all or some of the following areas:
• Problem identification, report writing, recommending actions and building relationships with immediate contacts
• Planning, monitoring and reporting
• Change control
• Issue and Risk management
• Document management
• Requirements management
• P6 experience would be highly desirable
• Working knowledge of financial processes and ability to report financial data would be advantageous
• Good understanding of structured frameworks & methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2, AGILE, MSP) would be beneficia
l• Advanced Excel skills would be highly desirable
• Provide advice and assistance to support adherence to project processes, using influence to work with a range of stakeholders to agree appropriate actions
• Provide support and process advice at key client meetings
• Participate in knowledge sharing activities with a view to developing continuous improvement to the service
• Provide advice and guidance to the client in the appropriate use of PRINCE2
• Work effectively within a multi-team environment
• Planning lifecycle coordination and Schedule updates•
• Risk and Issue lifecycle management and maintenance
• Stage Boundary facilitation
• Communications planning, delivery and maintenance
• Reporting and key management information assurance
We believe that our staff are key to our success. In the UK, Atkins has ranked as one of The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For in 2017, as one of the Top 50 Employers for Women 2015 and one of the Top 100 Graduate Employers 2017. Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.Please note that we will relocate from our current London office in Euston Tower to the Nova North building in Victoria in the first quarter of 2019.Must be UK mobile, whilst operating from a base office in London
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles