Practice Director - Applied Technology
Practice Director - Applied Technology
With us, you’re leading the transformation
You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life.
Join us as the Applied Technology Practice Director in our ‘Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology' (ADS&T) division, inspiring our people and leading the development, application and exploitation of technology, digital and data solutions to differentiate our services and transform the way our clients work. Working in our new Applied Technology Practice you'll enjoy leading core teams who all pull together to get the job done, enabling the individuals in your practice to thrive. Equally the role has an important externally focused element, to continue to drive and position us in the marketplace and ensure we capitalise on the rapidly evolving opportunities. You will report directly to the Managing Director of the Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology business, and will be an integral part of our Senior Leadership Team with your purposes defined as below:
- Leadership of the talent and discipline groups in the Technology practice to enhance our technical excellence and ability to flexibly respond to business needs. The practice includes:
- Software development and support
- User Interface Design
- Digital communication systems
- Data science
- Geospatial analytics
- Digital Twin
- Data architecture & visualisation
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Business technology architecture
- Digital journey
- Work with the market and business development teams to engage with clients and actively sell our technical capabilities to suit service line requirements of the markets
- Engender a culture of entrepreneurship, agility and customer focus and a philosophy of everybody sells
- Enthuse and inspire our managers and team members ensuring they are challenged and developed. Implement effective performance and development plans that align to their career opportunities
- Drive a strategic workforce planning approach to ensure we have right skills and capabilities to deliver our current and future market strategies. This includes those within the practice and through our supply chain partners
- Work with Divisional MD to drive collaboration across wider markets and other divisions, and enhance ADS&T’s identity and involvement across the group
- Establish a clear resource demand based on pipeline of opportunities in collaboration with Market Directors and resource managers
- Manage practice group performance with focus on meeting or exceeding productivity targets and keeping break even rates as low as possible
- Work closely with Market and Client Directors to help drive innovation in service offerings and create compelling Value Propositions and encourage and support the development of thoughts leadership
- Ensure skills and capacity meet the needs of the target markets through targeted recruitment and focused staff development
- Identify where skills are not available in-house and work with external alliance partners and subcontractors to deliver project needs
- Provide technical experts to supporting strategic bids and deliver BAU bids within Discipline Group
- Maintain and nurture the sense of purpose of the team, within the purpose and strategic goals of the Division
What you can bring
- Proven experience in a leadership role, preferably in the same or comparable practice area
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with other Practice Directors, Market Directors and other stakeholders
- A high expectation of performance for yourself and other members of the team, coupled with a drive for continuous improvement
- Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills
- Proven business acumen with a demonstrated knowledge of identifying potential value creation
- As a technical powerhouse leader, a proven ability to recruit, develop, and lead technical teams is an advantage
- Be available to travel across UK as required
Why work for Atkins
Our ADS&T teams provide independent and objective advice in mission-critical sectors. Join us to make a direct difference in helping our country to achieve its security and defence goals. From advisory, conceptual design and acquisition, through transformation, manufacture, certification and in-service support. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in the industry.
Meeting your needs
When you start with us, you'll enjoy "Total Reward," a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
Diversity & Inclusion
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs