This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The UK & Europe Transportation Division in Atkins brings together the capabilities of our key markets, Strategic Highways, Strategic Rail, Local Transport, into a single £450m turnover business of 3,750+ talented engineers and professionals. The transport infrastructure sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of investment and Atkins is playing lead roles in key projects across the UK and Europe from high-speed rail to major road programmes to Digital Railway implementation. It is not just about today, the business is investing and building new capability and services in intelligent mobility, digital asset management and new products for the rail market. Our teams work closely with Government, national and local authorities to deliver integrated transport strategies and solutions that support economic growth and improved journeys for all.
The unique breadth of services in transportation, combined with our scale, makes us the leading UK transport engineering consultancy, enabling us to inspire our people and collaborate with our clients to shape the future of transportation.
The Practice Manager – Engineering is responsible for:
- Shaping proposals for work on Engineering advisory and delivery work
- Delivering advisory and delivery work with clients as engagement lead – managing a team of consultants or working independently
- Acting as Technical Reviewer/SME on Engineering work
- Assisting in the shaping of Digital Asset Management Engineering Advisory and Consulting services
- Owning DAM’s Engineering delivery capability development (Pavements and Civils)
- Leading selected client relationships, maximising the Consultancy opportunities
- Leading and developing the capabilities of the engineering consultancy and advisory team, ensuring that business operational KPIs are achieved and all team members comply with the organisation's procedures
Contributing to thought leadership in the Pavements and Civils industry e.g. through presenting at conferences, writing technical journals etc
You will have significant experience of working with senior client teams to understand requirements and ensure delivery of high quality work. This means you will have excellent communications skills, together with the ability to develop solid working relationships with clients from a varied background. You will have demonstrable sales experience gained through working as part of a team to shape and deliver against opportunities, some of which will have been gained through responding to formal bids. You will have the ability to innovate strategically and also shape delivery within tightly constrained technical and business environments. You will also have experience of mentoring and contributing to developing the careers of more junior team members through direct line management.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance