This vacancy has now expired... why not:
You might know us for the great work we do across our wide variety of projects. We're proud to say it's thanks to our people's diversity of thought, expertise and knowledge. And when you join us, you'll be a part of this genuinely collaborative environment, where everyone's voice is valued and treated equally.
We're passionate about what we do, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Simply put, this a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask us about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life.
The Transportation division with Atkins undertakes E&P installation and test works for the UK Rail Market.
The E&P Installation/test team covers all aspects of electrical and mechanical requirements in the rail environment including survey, installation, test & commission, working to the latest technical specifications and Network Rail Group Standards. We are currently recruiting for an E&P Installation/Test Practice Manager to become a key member of the team and have a high level of competency to deliver E&P installations within the Rail sector. The installations will encompass signalling power supplies, points heating. DNO supplies and also building services for stations and depots and trackside schemes. The post will also have a requirement to manage a team of electrical construction managers, installation engineers and also skilled labour nationally.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Report directly to the Atkins Practice Director on the performance and productivity of the E&P Installation/Test team.
- Management of E&P Installation/Test staff to deliver projects nationally.
- Integrate with Atkins other disciplines and support a team of Design Engineers who undertake electrical work within a Rail environment.
- Briefing staff with latest technical & safety standards.
- Key experience of EIS would be an essential skill for this post.
- Successful hand back of assets to Network Rail upon completion of works.
- Prepare O&M hand back documentation interfacing with the design engineers.
- Carry out audits on site documentation and procedures
- PDR Reviews for team members
- Produce and review Atkins E&P installation/test procedures and Safe working methods
- Carry out the role as work package manager on projects
- Carry out the role as E&P installation/test CRE
- Assist with bidding for new works
- Act as technical contact and liaison with clients and sub-contractors in order to resolve outstanding technical issues
- Carry out risk assessments
- Motivate and develop staff
What you can bring:
- HNC/HND/Degree Electrical Engineering or equivalent related experience.
- 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations.
- 18th Edition IEE Testing & Inspection C&G 2394 & 2395 is desirable
- Business management skills
- Organisational skills
- Has the ability to Tender & Estimate E&P Installation/Test related project enquiries and develop programmes.
- Appropriate experience working in Rail infrastructure environment is essential, who can demonstrate experience with Signalling Power Supplies, Points Heating , station and level crossing lighting.
- The successful applicant will be a competent user of IT tools in particular MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Has been approved as an E&P installation/test CRE in the past
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Be willing to travel around the UK to attend Atkins offices/ project site offices.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
When you start with us, you'll enjoy ""Total Reward,"" a package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs. From flexible holidays to life assurance, health & wellbeing benefits, and career planning for the senior stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk about any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join. We're also a Silver Rating holder in the Aerospace & Defence sector, as per the Financial Times rating of the UK’s leading management consultants.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-Transportation #LI-UK #LI-ATKINS
Senior Project Manager – Design & Build Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, an
Project Director – Design & Build Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and toget
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs