Practice Manager - Rivers, Dams & Maritime
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
• Development and growth of the existing team and providing motivation through effective performance management and goal setting
• Driving the development of business growth within the UK and internationally by identifying opportunities and leading bids to commercial and competitive standards
• Work collaboratively internally to engage and expand a network of client decision makers and actively promote our technical capabilities
• Support the technical development of staff within the practice team to ensure the technical quality of project work meets the agreed requirements and specifications
• Work with the Practice Director to ensure we have sufficient resources with the right skills to deliver our current and future market strategies.
• Ability to lead and manage a team across multiple offices; creating an environment where individuals are motivated and empowered
• Ability to apply strategic thinking to the future shaping of the Practice.
• Ability to identify and employ innovation in the development of leading edge processes and technologies.
• Demonstrable experience within either Rivers, Dams or Maritime sectors, or similar
• Strong collaborative and network behaviours to interface with client decision makers, other Practices and businesses.
• Customer focused and a high level of relationship management skills
• Reputation for high level of technical performance.
• Self-motivated with an agile, winning attitude.
• Experience of working with off-shore engineering design centres would be an advantage.
About the Rivers, Dams and Maritime Practice:
In the Rivers, Dams and Maritime practice, our work centres around water and its journey from source to sea. We combine enthusiasm and passion with our technical expertise to solve complex engineering challenges that improve the world we live in. Our typical projects include river and coastal flood defence works, dams and reservoir remedial works and sea ports. We work on projects throughout their life cycle, from condition assessments and feasibility studies through to design and construction.
We enjoy successful partnerships with our clients, other consultants and contractors from the private and public sector, delivering high profile infrastructure projects. Our collaborative approach ensures the projects we deliver meet our client’s needs in a sensitive and sustainable way. We embrace new technologies to design innovative outcomes that complement the environment and communities in which they reside; locally, nationally and globally.
Our talented, award-winning team come from diverse backgrounds and have wide-ranging experience, which enables us to deliver a broad variety of projects. As a member of our team, you will work on this diverse range of opportunities that will allow you to share and broaden your skills and knowledge within an agile, digital environment. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to experience new challenges and design for the future. We offer a balanced career which will provide flexibility with your personal life, empowering you to progress and achieve your personal aspirations. Your story starts here.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.