Primary Application Engineer – Birmingham, UK
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Primary Application Engineer – Birmingham, UK
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
Linxon – A Leading Engineering Company:
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
To provide the technical expertise in the design and installation of Substation Layouts for 400kV to 11kV substation projects.
• To provide substation layouts and associated detail diagrams in accordance with established UK standards and processes through allocated CAD resource locally and in other business units.
• To develop technical specifications and material schedules for primary equipment.
• To prepare conductor force calculations.
• To check and approve project documentation in accordance with established standards.
• To ensure own work packages and delegated work packages are delivered to project program, scope and align to allocated budget. Provide comment where required on delegated works.
• Provide technical support and to develop tender scheme options and related project scope documents.
• To produce engineering time estimates and support monthly forecasts to complete.
• To input into design and hazard review meetings.
• To provide technical support at site when required.
• To be enthusiastic and committed providing high quality support, working closely within a team of dedicated professionals.
• To be capable of working to tight project time scales within a busy team and have an honest and loyal approach.
• To mentor other team members as required
• Will be focused on value engineering, ensuring full consultation with all design stakeholders
• Strive for continuous improvement in implementation standards and costs
• Enact the legislative duties of a designer and develop designs which eliminate and reduce risks to health, safety and the environment
• To strengthen customer relationships through presentation and delivery of successful design solutions.
• To hold and participate in design and hazard reviews.
• Line Managers for resourcing, domain knowledge, training and issues/conflict resolution
• Other Engineering functions inc HV cables, civils, commissioning, secondary systems, engineering support and lead engineers
• Site commissioning, test engineers and installation team
• Customers and technical assurance for design review
• Suppliers for technical alignment and review
• Wider project teams incl. project managers, planning, tendering and supply chain
• Customer satisfaction
• Working to defined budgetary objectives
• Achieving successful design solutions and implementing them to the full satisfaction of all stakeholders
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Principle Designer - Minimum qualification of HNC/HND in related engineering field and applicable experience or extensive years’ experience in lieu of HNC / HND.
• Senior Designer - Minimum qualification of HNC/HND in related engineering field and applicable experience or extensive years’ experience in lieu of HNC / HND.
• Knowledge of Transmission or Distribution practices (400kV to 11 kV)
• Knowledge of various relevant industry standard client working practices including National Grid / SSE / SPEN / DNO requirements / IOSH Managing Safely or similar
To know more about Linxon click on the Video link below: