Principal/ Associate Environmental Consultant
Atkins, member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms offering unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career. Our national UK Planning and Environmental Consenting works directly with Atkins’ wide range of businesses in the UK and across the world on a variety of major infrastructure projects. We serve a wide range of UK and international clients from both the public and private sectors and are at the forefront of thought-leadership.
We are currently looking for an environmental consultant at Principal or Associate level to join our successful team in Croydon, supporting our increasing workload on major transportation projects and driving further growth of our services in this sector. We have a range of contracts and opportunities working with Network Rail, Transport for London and other train operating companies and rail sector providers across different regions and project stages. We are now looking to expand the environmental services we provide to support our delivery teams and clients.
This is an excellent career development opportunity for a candidate looking to progress their career to the next level in a fast paced and diverse industry. You will join a team of over 30 EIA and environmental coordinators located across the country.
- Experienced professional with a degree in an environmental or related discipline.
- Chartered, or with full membership of a relevant professional institution.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Excellent technical skills in environmental management and/or EIA, ideally in the rail sector.
- Proven project management skills – a track record of delivering projects on time and budget.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and keen to keep developing.
- Technical delivery – acting as environmental lead on complex multidisciplinary projects, including involvement in the project design and assessment processes.
- Technical leadership – ensure the technical excellence of the team’s outputs and facilitate the sharing of skills, knowledge and best practice.
- Project management – act as Project Manager or Project Director on environmental projects
- Business development – identify opportunities, lead successful environmental bids and provide input into multi-disciplinary bids
- Client development – develop positive relationships and meet the needs of key clients in the rail sector, and develop the diversity and quality of our environmental services.
Atkins supports the development of its employees through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help every individual make the best of their abilities and talents. Development needs are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in maintaining professional membership of relevant institutions and we are corporate members of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
Rewards and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, excellent work-life balance, and outstanding career progression opportunities in a truly global organisation.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.