Principal / Associate Structural Engineer - Rail / Transportation Oriented Development focus
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins' Building Design Practice are looking to recruit a design-focused Principal Structural Engineer from a technical background - with a passion for understanding the client’s perspective and the ability to pull together different teams within Atkins (and partner organisations) in order to meet client needs especially in the Rail and Transportation market.
As Principal / Associate Structural Engineer you will have the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects both in the UK and abroad. You will be working closely with engineers and architects of all levels leading on a broad range of projects, developing existing and new client relationships and overseeing staff development.
Atkins’ Building Design business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure. The position of Associate Engineer will help to grow our business within the Midlands, South West and Wales region. We are currently working on a large variety of projects in both the region and nationally and have a growing order book.
- Ensuring the provision of efficient, high quality structural engineering design
- Leading, managing and co-ordinating multi-disciplinary project teams to complete projects to meet client aspirations
- Ensuring successful delivery of projects by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment including working closely with our offshore resource to maximise the leverage they bring to projects
- Management of projects to programme, budget and quality
- Provide leadership for technical delivery, including playing an active role in our national technical excellence programme
- Provide leadership for our people ensuring successful management and development of engineers and technicians
- Applying and growing our BIM capability including integrated design tools and data management systems
- Lead bids and opportunities across markets
- Make a significant contribution to continuous improvement and innovation
- Health and safety management of design including application of CDM 2015
- Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE)
- Be a technically excellent engineer, with established skills and delivery capability.
- Needs to lead from the front and be able to work with and mobilise a wide range of personalities.
- Needs to be willing to “make the call” for bid direction and philosophy, to lead teams through bidding and subsequent delivery and to own the client and internal stakeholder relationships.
- Should provide critique of multiple-technical disciplines, providing a challenge to “business as usual” technical thinking.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects – understanding credible methodology, likely timescales and able to triangulate method-programme-cost in a concise and literate way.
- Must be able to listen and communicate with client and technical teams and adjust/interpret the message as appropriate.
- Needs to manage Atkins client relationships for extended and repeat business opportunities
- Building an internal Atkins network across the divisions and building an external network of clients and sub consultants.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility and willingness to travel if required
- Existing South-West and/or London local market client relationships are desirable
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.”