Principal / Chief Geotechnical Engineer
Principal / Chief Geotechnical Engineer
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms offering unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career.
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Oslo, and reports to the Technical director. It is responsible for providing business and operational leadership, the ideal candidate will have superior client relations skills and a proven ability to generate new clients and projects.
Atkins Norway offers consulting services in the following areas: Geotechnical, Geoenvironmental, Environmental Risk Assessment, Contaminated Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Studies, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, Waste Management, Hydrogeology and Water Resources.
Due to increase demand and upcoming infrastructure tenders we are looking to recruit a Principal /Chief Geotechnical Engineer.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Geotechnical engineering, project management, project leadership, and collaboration with staff and managers in other company business units
- Developing and executing annual business and pursuit plans for developing new business opportunities and growth, including cross selling of services
- Developing and maintaining a network of business contacts
- Participating in or delegation of participation in local professional and/or business associations
- Acting as a key technical geotechnical resource providing technical direction on and/or senior review of projects and proposals
- Ensuring projects are adequately resourced and supported. Identifying and mitigating at-risk projects. Managing own projects
- Develop and manage strong relationships with new and existing clients, field personnel, government and regulatory agencies and expand internal Atkins network
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of existing and emerging opportunities, trends, regulatory requirements and best practices
- Analyzing and preparing competitive proposals, recommendations and reports for projects relating to foundation design, slope stability, road and railway structure design, earth pressures, materials testing, and other geotechnical related projects
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project teams, guiding and instructing others
- Providing practical and economic solutions to clients that differentiate the team
- Contributing to the overall strategic development of the geotechnical team, including growth, profitability and supporting the development of new processes.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Geotechnical Engineering with Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred
- Chartered Engineer is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years (Principal role) or 20 years (Chief role) relevant industry experience, since graduation, in geotechnical engineering related services included but not limited to laboratory testing schedules, geotechnical interpretative reports, various types of foundations design and settlement assessment, slope stability analyses, road and railway geotechnical design
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with rock mechanics and Norwegian quick clays
- Experience on linear infrastructure projects and familiar with Norwegian applicable codes
- Demonstrated local market knowledge and an established presence and reputation within the local geotechnical consulting and client network
- Demonstrated record of client growth and leading project teams
- Highly developed client management skills
- Demonstrated successful track record with business development and proposals
- Proven organizational, team-building, technical, project management skills
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills in both Norwegian and English
- Valid Norwegian driver’s licence with a clean drivers’ abstract
- Must be able and willing to travel for project work away from the home office.
Local candidates will be preferred and no relocation package will be offered.
At Atkins Norway, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs