Principal Civil Structural Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The successful candidate will be an Experienced Civil Structural Engineer with a proven track record in the design of heavy civil engineering structures such as tunnels, bridges, utility shafts, railway stations…etc. Candidates should be practical and demonstrate good commercial skills that will help develop and expand our civil structure engineering business in Saudi Arabia.
- A good academic background with a civil engineering bachelors or masters degree
- Chartered status in civil or structural engineering
- Experience undertaking the design of tunnels, bridges, utility shafts, railway stations or related infrastructure.
- Min 12 years experience working on large scale projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (clear, concise report writing will be expected)
- A high motivation to succeed, and to progress and develop their chosen careers
- A personality compatible with a high degree of collaborative and team work
- Practical experience of reinforcement design and detailing to British, European, American codes
- Commercially aware with a flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given
- Working knowledge of relevant structural design software e.g. RM bridges, Lusas, Plaxis, Robot, ETABS, Staad Pro
- Knowledge on concrete durability / water leakage assessment is an added advantage
- Liaison with Clients, Contractors, in house and external design disciplines and third parties
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
- Working with offshore design centres to produce relevant structural deliverables
- Excellent team player
- Decisive, clear and consistent in approach to Structural Engineering Design
- Sound communicator
- Excellent technical judgement
- Willingness to participate in all aspects of Structural Engineering workload delivery
- Understand the importance of technical accuracy with a high attention to detail
- Passionate about Structural Engineering and drive to exceed the requirements of internal and external stakeholders
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants