Principal Clean Water Specialist - Edinburgh
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Principal Clean Water Specialist
Atkins is one of the largest engineering and design consultancies in the UK, one of the largest engineering and design consultancies in Europe and one of the largest design firms in the world.
Our Networks and Drainage team is one of the largest in the UK with clients including high-profile utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses.
We seek to appoint a Principal Clean Water Network Specialist to our Networks and Drainage Engineering business to support an increasing workload in Scotland. The successful candidate should be degree qualified, have appropriate professional qualifications, and have a broad range of experience in:
- Management and technical supervision of a team of clean water Network engineers
- Implementation of industry leading solutions and development of innovative solutions.
- Building and calibrating network models
- Using network models for planning, operational and design purposes
- Management of Detailed Zonal Studies delivery, Pressure Management and DMA Design
- Technical Leadership – providing direction and advice to our clients to help them make better asset investment decisions
The successful candidate shall demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Water market sector, excellent technical skills and have a proven track record of business development, client management, project management and line management.
The role will have local responsibilities relating to business performance, business resilience and technical reputation and will contribute to the implementation of business strategy.
- Assume Technical Lead role on projects to ensure Atkins delivers Smarter, Faster and More Reliable outcomes for its clients.
- Undertake Project Director role on projects where required
- Undertake Programme / Framework Manager roles on strategic / multi-disciplinary projects.
- Actively encourage staff to participate in, and contribute to, internal best practice forums, and external profile-raising activities.
- Promote staff development through training, on-the-job experience, and personal development.
- Actively encourage the integration and use of the Atkins Global Design Centre in India
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards and policies
- Client Relationship Development with our key Water Company and non-Water Company clients with the strategic growth of both revenue and margin
- Management / technical support of bidding opportunities to win work and identify and mitigate risks.
- Demonstrable track record of technical achievement and client satisfaction within the water industry
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal staff and external Clients
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Full clean UK driving licence
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles