Principal Consultant – ETCS
The Principal Consultant - ETCS will participate in the delivery of a range of assignments and projects, both as a technical contributor to the work packages as well as being responsible for the management of selected projects and the contributions of others within that project team. The individual shall take an active role in business development activities within the ETCS market – capitalizing upon opportunities to develop new clients and assignments, as well as supporting other team members in delivering technical and commercial offers to clients.
The successful candidate will provide ETCS technical expertise to the wider Control Systems team, and is expected to support the development of colleagues in this field.
Specific disciplines and markets we serve include:
- ETCS trackside equipment deployment projects
- ETCS onboard fitment programmes
- CCS Specification development
- CCS assurance / certification
- Operational support / concept development
Required Experience & Skills
- You will have strong experience of working at mid to senior levels of engineering and project management, in the field of European Train Control Systems.
- Strong knowledge of ETCS technology, its operation and specification, as well as experience of its deployment on operational rail networks.
- Chartered status preferred, although we will consider candidates demonstrably working towards Chartered status.
- Broad knowledge of TMS, GSM-R, GPRS, (C)DAS, CBTC and other railway signalling and communications technologies.
- You will come from a technical or project engineering background and be confident in your ability to deliver technical solutions and guidance, within a business with the stated aim of being the UK’s market leader in provision of ETCS consultancy services.
- A good background in the application of System Integration / Engineering techniques, as well as an understanding of appropriate Human Factors techniques
- You will hold a relevant engineering degree at an accredited university, and will ideally be a member of the IRSE.
- Experience of working within a client facing role is required, with experience of working within a consultancy organisation (and the commercial pressures therein) being a distinct advantage.
- A strong reputation and network of contacts amongst peers within the ETCS market is advantageous, with the ability to act as a brand ambassador for SNC-Lavalin Atkins within the industry.
- A supportive and collaborative perspective on professional relationships, with the ability to support colleagues in delivering complex projects as well as an interest in the professional development of more junior team members.
Please note that whilst the main location states London opportunities exist within our Derby, Manchester and Birmingham offices.
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical and dental insurance, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.