We have an exciting opportunity for a client facing Principal Consultant to join our P3M Services practice based in London. If you’re driven by helping clients solve complex P3M related challenges and want to help us shape the future of project and programme management and the role of the PMO – this could be the role for you.
We work with a diverse range of clients across Aerospace, Security, Defence and Technology (ADS&T) sectors. You could be working with clients at any point in their project lifecycle or transformational change journey – from the provision of early stage strategic advice and guidance right through to implementation, ongoing delivery and handover of complex initiatives.
We’re also looking for people that thrive in an innovative space and those that look to harness digital advancements, latest trends and new tools to improve the status quo internally and with clients.
Aside from the role, you’ll be in charge of your career and be supported to achieve your aspirations – with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop, and to share your expertise with others.
To be successful in this role you are likely to have gained significant experience in a leading industry or consultancy practice, ideally in strategic and/or complex environments for medium to large scale organisations. You will have managed multi-million pound budgets and have strong client and stakeholder management experience, as well as experience of winning new business and securing account growth.
Key areas of this role are;
Shaping & driving client strategy
Hands on approach to delivery, working with clients and key stakeholders on a daily basis
Supporting clients in successful planning of a complex portfolios of change, including resource planning & management, financial planning & delivery scheduling
Working with internal Atkins teams, shaping client propositions & supporting winning new business.
As part of the Atkins team, you will be expected to make a contribution to practice development activities, such as thought leadership, brand development, innovation and contribution to strategy.
- Strategic and tactical advice for client on project portfolio, status and resource planning
- Develop appropriate organisational project management methods, standards and best practices
- Develop Target Operating Models for the PMO including roles, responsibilities and accountabilities in line with client requirements and being ‘fit for purpose’
- Develop ‘one-truth’ project management information and data analysis to provide valuable insights
- Provide planning advice to clients to identify best approaches, methods, processes, governance as well as resources, dependencies and scheduling considerations
- Own project/programme budgets and commercials, inc supplier relationships
- Responsible for successful delivery to set parameters, inc proactive RAID management
- Identifying, selecting and appointing internal and external resources and expertise
- Lead, supervise, mentor and development of client, Atkins or 3rd party project office staff
- Contributes to deliverables and outputs through creative thinking and innovative ideas
- You will be expected to build client relationships at local level and understand the need to help to identify & develop business opportunities.
- Demonstrable, client facing consulting experience
- Natural leader able to demonstrate management & influencing skills within client organisations
- In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycles and deep knowledge of delivery tools, inc business case development, mobilisation of programmes etc
- Experience of establishing and leading PMO for change functions / programmes across Government and Commercial clients and sectors
- Good understanding of structured frameworks & methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2, P3O, AGILE, MSP, ITIL)
- Ability to motivate and lead a strong programme team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) at all levels
- Resilient under pressure, including first rate problem-solving, planning and time management skills
- Consultative style balanced by strong delivery focus, able to vary management style if required
- Possess critical and analytical thinking and attention to detail.
- Passion around customer focus, delivering results, continuous improvement, gains respect from clients & develops deep relationships
This position is based in the London office, however you will be required to be flexible in terms of work location (be it Atkins or client office locations) and travel around the UK.
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Please note that we will relocate from our current London office in Euston Tower to the Nova North building in Victoria in the first quarter of 2019
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.