Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Transport Consulting & Advisory (TCA) is the Strategic Advisory practice within Atkins Transportation’s Consultancy team. Dedicated to addressing the transport sector’s most challenging problems worldwide, we provide advisory services in wide-ranging assignments such as major procurements, infrastructure performance improvement and market liberalisation in the public transport, highways and freight sectors. Working at the front end of decision-making, we are well-placed to help clients develop strategies, services, projects and products from inception through to business case approval, procurement or delivery.
- Our Business Case & Economics team is now seeking an ambitious person with proven experience in:
- Project leadership and delivery
- Building and managing client relationships
- Winning business and playing a significant role in successful bids
- Stakeholder management across a wide variety of skillsets and perspectives
- Team leadership & management
- The successful applicant will be highly dynamic, numerate and enthusiastic and looking to progress their career within a growing team of specialist commercial and financial consultants in the transport sector.
- As a Principal Consultant you will be comfortable working directly with clients, making presentations to wide audiences including senior leadership teams and decision makers.
- You will have a proven ability to pull expertise from across the wider SNC-Lavalin/Atkins worldwide organisation to offer our clients leading expertise to respond to any issues they may be facing.
- You will be expected to support/lead bids for private and public sector work as well as on frameworks such as DfT’s STARTwo, which require following structured bidding requirements.
- You will need a deep understanding of the transportation market and its commercial requirements, as well as the ability to provide insight to our clients and communicate it clearly and succinctly.
- You will also need to have experience of managing multiple projects and maintaining quality deliverables against challenging timelines both in budget and delivering agreed margins.
- You will manage more junior consultants and support them in their development of consulting skills.
- You will also be responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of the TCA business plan.
- A wealth of experience in the transport industry at the “front-end” of projects in a consultant capacity.
- Highly experienced in project management.
- Able to represent both TCA and our clients to Executive level, with the ability to generate trust from clients
- A professional with good analytical skills, understanding of economic concepts and sound judgement, that is able to communicate their ideas both verbally and in written reports/presentations.
- Experience in supporting business case work in the transport industry would be beneficial.
- A team player, with an enthusiastic approach to projects.
- A good communicator, able to build relationships with clients & within the team and who is a confident speaker who can promote TCA.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Proven experience of developing junior staff.
- Proven experience in winning work and business development.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs