Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
SNC-Lavalin is looking to recruit a technically specialised individual to join our thriving Transport (Rail & Transit) team based in either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
As a Principal Consultant your main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide high quality and technically specialised consulting services to our clients;
- Manage all aspects of relevant consultancy assignments undertaken for clients including allocation, estimating, tendering, planning, execution and close out;
- Ensure that work is completed in a safe and profitable manner, on time, to budget and to the client's satisfaction.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with SNC-Lavalin’s procedures, corporate requirements and systems, including the Quality Management System and the Safety Management System.
- Undertake staff appraisals and management reviews on a regular basis.
- Provide mentorship to team members where appropriate which would include ensuring that the roles and responsibilities of team members contributing to each assignment or project are defined and understood.
- Develop innovative ideas which deliver service and product growth, client satisfaction improvement or operational performance improvement. Encourage and support the development of innovative ideas throughout the business
Your knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas will be beneficial in order to be successful in the role:
- Chartered Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics) with more than 10 years but ideally more than 15 years of related rail industry experience;
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills are essential;
- Experience with bids, proposals and tendering practices and the ability to contribute high quality information whilst working in a team environment.
SNC-Lavalin offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenges and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
Worker Type Employee
Job Type Regular
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles