Principal Consultant – Local Transport Solutions
Principal Consultant – Local Transport Solutions
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
The Digital Asset Management team is responsible for winning and delivering Digital Asset Management projects across the Transportation sector in the UK. Clients and Targets include DfT, key Local Authorities, TfL, Highways England, Transport Scotland Welsh Government and the Sub National Transport Authorities. We offer a range of advisory, delivery and managed services which are specific to the Transportation sector, building on the expertise which other parts of the SNC Lavalin Atkins Group offers. Digital Asset Management also owns the strategic relationship with Deighton and we work with the dTIMS solution set to shape analytics based solutions for our clients.
The Principal Consultant – Local Transport Solutions is a new and pivotal role in ensuring that Digital Asset Management is well positioned to help clients in this sector benefit from the team’s capabilities in maximising value from their asset base through technology enabled change, and in owning the relationship with Deighton to drive sales and delivery of projects using the Deighton toolset.
- Relevant Degree
- PRINCE2 qualified or equivalent experience
- Institute of Asset Management membership (preferred)
- Demonstrable experience of shaping and selling value propositions based on technology for infrastructure clients
- Excellent client relationship development experience
- Experience of shaping/delivering enterprise asset management technology solutions in the Infrastructure industries
- Experience of systems delivery approaches including traditional waterfall and agile within complex client driven delivery frameworks (e.g. MSP4NR, GRIP)
- Demonstrable experience of delivering business transformation, enabled by technology and supported by data and information change
- Experience of technology architecture underpinning EAMS solutions including integration technologies for IoT, Cloud deployment, mobile apps development and deployment
- Understanding of the typical business capabilities which underpin Asset Management from an Operate and Maintain perspective, and the key systems features which these require
- Experience of implementing enterprise asset management solutions in non-rail heavy infrastructure domains (e.g. Utilities, Oil & Gas, Highways)
- Experience of developing and maintaining partner relationships, including shared pipeline and solutions roadmap development
- Knowledge of any of Visual Artificial Intelligence solutions, Machine learning solutions, IoT/remote condition monitoring, BIM/Common Data Environments,
- Experience of visual data collection solutions and integration with Visual AI
- Experience of shaping and delivering managed services based on technology – preferably in Asset Management
- Experience of working in a matrix-managed organisation, especially working via Framework management teams
The Principal Consultant – Local Transport Solutions is responsible for:
- Working with Local Transport framework teams to ensure Digital Asset Management is embedded within Atkins’ key account management strategies
- Building sustained relationships with Local Transport client leads which result in Atkins becoming trusted partners for asset management transformation
- Working with Local Transport clients to shape technology enabled value propositions across the business
- Owning Local Transport client requirements and driving colleagues across DAM and, where necessary, the wider business to develop solutions and services to meet market needs
- Delivering advisory and change projects with clients as engagement lead – managing a team of consultants or working independently
- Developing & maintaining Atkins’ relationship with Deighton in UK & Europe including shared pipeline, overall relationship management and influence of the dTIMS product roadmap to maintain alignment with Local Transport and other market sectors.
You will have significant experience of working with senior client teams to understand requirements, shape and deliver technology enabled asset management solutions, taking overall responsibility for programme delivery typically as Project Director. This means you will have excellent communications skills, together with the ability to develop solid working relationships with clients from a varied background. You will have demonstrable sales experience gained through working as part of a team to shape and deliver against opportunities, some of which will have been gained through responding to formal bids. You will have the ability to innovate strategically and also shape delivery within tightly constrained technical and business environments.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs