Principal Design Engineer - Signalling
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
Our consultancy team has specialists working on rolling stock, asset maintenance, specialist engineering solutions, infrastructure, rail control systems and strategic transport advisory services.
SNC-Lavalin are driven by our core values: Safety – Integrity – Collaboration – Innovation
We are seeking expressions of interest for Principal Design Engineer specialising in Signalling. This role is responsible for leading the development of the Signal Engineering and Design Services product line within Australia. The primary objective of the role is the responsibility to produce compliant signal design and other documentation to requirements utilising the resources of the global business.
The role is also to develop key relationships and secure sales opportunities to deliver signalling engineering and design services in Australia.
- Primary technical responsibility for Signal Engineering and Design.
- Acting as the specialism Subject Matter Expert (SME) and lead Technical Advisor (TA) within the business and externally to clients and partners.
- Seeking new opportunities and provision of bid support.
- Oversee all specialism team members and competency requirements
- Provide mentorship and competency assessments for the specialism team members
- Production or verification and approval of railway signalling designs and other documentation at concept, preliminary and detailed design stages.
- Work with other Team Leads and Heads of Service to manage resourcing of work.
- Assist and lead business development within the local region or specialism for the service offering.
- Develop innovative ideas which deliver service and product growth, client satisfaction improvement or operational performance improvement. Develop business plans in support of the identified ideas and champion their development and implementation
Education and Skills
- Chartered Engineer with a degree in a relevant specialism with more than 5 years related rail experience in a similar role; and proven track record in team management.
- Significant experience in production and delivery of complex design solutions utilising a variety of existing and new technologies
- Multiple formal rail signalling design competency approvals from Accredited Rail Transport Operators and related competency frameworks as a Subject Matter Expert in design, verification and approval competencies, preferably:
- IRSE and MTM; and
- One other (e.g. V/Line, ARTC or TfNSW)
- Effective team leadership, client interface, budget and programme management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Attractive remuneration package;
- Be part of a Global Business with a world class reputation and competence.
We are and continue to look for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
Our Latest Articles