Principal Designer / Senior Health and Safety Consultant
Do you want to join a world leading construction consultancy and drive forward your career? We are looking for an experienced and qualified health & safety professional to join an established health & safety team to undertake the duties of a Principal Designer (PD) as defined by the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 for a wide range of high profile clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and progress within the company. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level. Faithful+Gould is renowned for the expertise, experience and excellence of its people - we place great emphasis on developing individuals to progress through the business – we invest in our staff and help you get to where you want to be whilst giving you the freedom and flexibility to practice your profession and make the most of your potential.
We are looking for a sharp minded and motivated individual to:
• Support the Senior Health and Safety Consultants in all their professional duties
• Provide advice and support to Assistant Principal Designers
• Demonstrate a growing commitment to CDM and other Health & Safety services
• Demonstrate real commitment to Faithful+Gould and its objectives and targets
• Undertake a wide range of Principal Designer duties on your own initiative
• Conduct regular site health & safety audits.
• Learn, understand and apply the principles of quality assurance.
• Keep abreast of relevant legislative changes
• Travel locally and nationally to visit client premises
• A technical knowledge of and experience within the construction industry
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate- Essential
• Degree, BTEC or HNC Building Studies (or related subject) would be an advantage
• A CSCS card
• Leading to Tech IOSH: Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health
• Leading to CMaPS: Registered Principal Designer with the APS
• Experience with large volume frameworks would be an advantage
• The ability to manage your own time
• An understanding of the need for and ability to apply accuracy in all your work.
• An ability to communicate effectively
• A sound technical health & safety knowledge applicable to the construction industry
• A willingness to seek guidance on occasions from senior colleagues
• A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software packages.
• A professional manner and outlook
• An understanding of people management within a team
• An understanding of the need for and ability to apply client management skills.
• Familiarity with contractual obligations, legal breaches and remedies
• The ability to work concurrently on a portfolio of projects
• Competency in reviewing contractors method statements and risk assessments
• Driving license is essential
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.