Principal Electrical Engineer
Principal Electrical Engineer
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
The Central Rail Systems Alliance is formed by partners Network Rail, Balfour Beatty, Atkins and TSO. The CRSA is responsible for the delivery of multi-disciplinary railway upgrade projects on the North West & Central and Eastern regions of Network Rail’s recently devolved routes. The programme of works delivered by the teams is valued at £2bn and manages the development, design and delivery of Switches and Crossings and Plain Line renewals as its core business but is also responsible for the delivery of major enhancement projects.
- Great flexible working choices
- Option to buy up to 15 days extra holiday a year
- Two days a year #givingback as a volunteer
- Carry out the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer in accordance with NR/L2/INI/02009;
- Undertake design and supervision of a variety of electrical design elements i.e. LV Distribution, Earthing & Bonding, Lighting, Cable Management system, Building power designs, points heating and signal power scheme designs;
- Liaison with clients, developing and maintaining customer relationships;
- Present design solutions in meeting with clients and contractors;
- Able to check and review electrical designs deliverables prepared within own team and other groups within area of expertise;
- Lead the design process and encourage the rest of the team to deliver appropriate and cost effective solutions to the agreed programme;
- Undertake trackside and other railway infrastructure site visits / non-intrusive surveys as required as part of the design activities or as part of site support.
- Manage own workload and workload of other design team members within the assigned team.
- Promote and improve inter-discipline working with other disciplines such as Permanent Way, Civils, Signalling and Telecoms
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of the use of BS7671;
- Previous rail industry experience and appropriate qualifications
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Wider knowledge of other disciplines, highly desirable;
- Stakeholder management skills and a can-do attitude, particularly including client engagement
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary projects and knowledge of rail design assurance processes essential;
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.salary - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.locationfreetext - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.description - en-GB **
Senior Electrical EngineerSNC-Lavalin’s Transportation business is seeking an experienced engineer who thrives on team work and personal challenge to deliver a world class specialist electrical consul
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.reference - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.expirydate - en-GB **
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs