Principal Engineer: CCS and Hydrogen
Principal Engineer: CCS and Hydrogen
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Description: Principal Engineer: CCS and Hydrogen
Hydrogen and CCS infrastructure will be a critical component of a Net Zero Energy system. Our aim is to become a market leader in these sectors through a reputation for innovation, quality of delivery and excellence, across a range of services including technical advisory, project development and design and engineering of H2 and CCS infrastructure.
As a principal engineer in our Energy Systems business, you will support the development and implementation of our strategy for Hydrogen (H2) and Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) activities as well as the development of opportunities and delivery of projects.
You will be passionate about achieving a net zero energy future.
You will understand the emerging H2 and CCS market, technologies, funding, client drivers and be able to translate these into opportunities for our business. You will have track record of project delivery in the H2 or CCS sector.
About the Team:
We are looking for an experienced engineer to support our low carbon / H2 and CCS business activities.
As part of the Energy Systems business, you will be a key member of our team.
Development of relationships with clients, including government stakeholders, project developers and energy organisations will be essential to success and you will therefore enjoy working with others, sometimes at client locations, sometimes from our offices, and thrive on working within a collaborative and diverse project environment.
You will be supported by a team of project and technical professionals. Our business is diverse and therefore you will be flexible, adaptable and have a keen interest in working with a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
This is a great opportunity to join a high growth, high performing team in an important delivery role.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development and implementation of our strategy for the emerging Hydrogen and CCS sector
- Engaging with and advising key clients in this sector, contributing to the client’s success and developing sustainable, long term relationships.
- Developing our reputation in this sector, stimulating the market with insights, thought leadership and innovation to ultimately drive growth in market share.
- Maintaining a high level of expertise in this sector for Atkins, translating changes and developments in the market into opportunities for our business.
- Monitor government policy and ensure Atkins have a role in shaping future H2 and CCS strategy where possible.
- The opportunities we have are varied in size and nature and will require a range of engineering and project services. As a key member of the team you will also;
- Lead and/or provide strategic guidance and input to bids
- Lead the development of our delivery approach in key H2 and CCS bids.
- Deliver a critical role in the completion of H2 and CCS projects
You’ll need to have:
You’ll have excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills. You’ll be able to manage client relationships, engage constructively with multiple stakeholders and lead delivery of strategic work initiatives. Through your work you will also help support and shape the development of our future business.
You will have:
- Expert knowledge of the CCS and H2 market with a clear view of upcoming opportunities to capitalise on in the short, medium and long term.
- An existing network within the CCS and H2 market and a track record of collaboration in this sector
- Awareness of the nuances around developing low carbon projects and how we build credibility in this developing market.
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and the wider team.
- Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Good leadership qualities.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi- discipline team.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients.
- Be available to travel across the UK and Europe and work away from home, including periods overseas on assignments.
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification.
Atkins support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
This is an exciting time for us, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our services in the UK and Germany.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs