Principal Engineer - Electrical
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, a member of SNC Lavalin Group is one of the worlds’ leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
We are currently recruiting Engineers to become a key member of the MEP team in Bengaluru or Delhi, capable of building and leading a design team and work with MEP teams based in United Kingdom, Middle East and Hong Kong, USA, Canada and other regions. This will involve liaising with key individuals in the overseas offices to obtain project briefings and manage the design deliverables produced by the India team ensuring all requirements such as quality, timescale and costs are met.
The designs will cover a variety of MEP Services in Rail and Building projects in different parts of the world including but not limited to: Residential, Hotels, Retail Units, Station Buildings, Station Modernisation, refurbishment, Railways/Metro Depots, Viaducts, Deep Tube and Cut and Cover Tunnels, Residential / Commercial high-rise buildings
A working knowledge of ME Authority requirements, Building Codes, UK CDM requirements, System Integration Principles and carbon critical design is essential. Occasional overseas visits to work with the respective teams will be required to ensure consistent approach to design and also common understanding on quality and expected levels of detail.
- Undertake Electrical design to local and International standards, including ME, UK region.
- Understand and apply British / European, ME and Atkins Rail standards.
- Undertake design of a variety of electrical design elements i.e. LV Distribution, Earthing & Bonding, Lighting, Cable management system and Building power designs.
- Carry out Electrical calculations using Dialux, Amtech, Relux, Specsizer and other equivalent software.
- Liaison with clients, developing and maintaining customer relationships;
- Responsible for completion of projects within his/her team to time and cost.
- Assist the Team leader in presenting design solutions in meeting with clients and contractors;
- Check own electrical designs deliverables and also able to check design prepared within own team and other groups within area of expertise;
- Realistically estimate pricing associated with projects within their area of expertise
- Undertake and mange liaison with System engineers, Third parties and specialist system suppliers and incorporate their requirements in the detail design.
- Carry out feasibility studies and prepare reports for sustainability options.
- Reliably manage a team/group - manage staff development, personnel management, staff appraisals etc.
- Coordinate with all other disciplines and improve inter-discipline working with other disciplines such as Architecture, Civil and Structural.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent; Previous electrical engineering or design role within consultancy
- Working towards Chartered Engineer (CEng) or be able to prove progression towards Chartership;
- Relevant and appropriate experience of more than 15 years as an electrical engineer within building services
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of the use of BS7671, BS 50122, BS5266 and BS5839
- Experience of working in Multi-D environment and good understanding of co-ordination and interfaces with other disciplines.
- Be a competent user of IT tools in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and Electrical design tools e.g. Amtech, Dialux, Relux, Specsizer etc
- Wider knowledge of other disciplines is highly desirable;
- Technical Team Leader/Specialist with an increasing reputation internally and externally within their field and responsible for managing a team of engineers
- Authors technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality Able to present their work and represent their colleagues on the project in presentations and meetings.
- Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project teams.
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential;
- Proactive and Member of IET or CIBSE with CEng / IEng status or working towards would be preferred.
- Relevant and appropriate experience as a designer within building services ..
- You will be a competent designer to CIBSE and BS7671 standards.
- You will have experience of computer-based design tools such as Dialux and Amtech.
- You will have experience in Revit and successfully delivered projects using BIM skills.
- Demonstrates the necessary level of competence and responsibility according to the grade.
- Very good understanding of UK safety legislation including CDM regulations, and application of safety legislation in design.
- You will manage productivity and quality of deliverables of yours as well as the team members
- Maintains harmony and a productive atmosphere by being open about the work activities and project status.
- Good command of the English Language and an effective communicator both written and oral.
Our Latest Articles