Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting highways projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' challenges head-on.
This role offers the opportunity to lead project delivery of major highways schemes for Local Authority clients across the West and Wales within Frameworks including WECA, Gloucestershire Highways and SWTRA to name but a few. Alongside delivering projects you’ll have the opportunity to develop future work opportunities as well as leading and developing team members.
You’ll be based at our Bristol office but with some travel to other Atkins locations within the region to ensure you can deliver value for our clients.
- Leading technical delivery of highway engineering projects and key technical input into multi-disciplinary projects.
- Project management and delivery.
- Act as Technical Lead or Technical Reviewer on projects.
- Maintaining and developing excellent client relationships.
- Line Management of a team of engineers, technicians and apprentices.
- Leading and developing multi-disciplinary global teams to deliver.
- BEng, MEng or MSc Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- IEng or CEng with a relevant professional institution or nearing CEng status with same.
- Extensive experience of working with our key clients, e.g. Local Authorities, Highways England, Developers and/or major Contractors.
- Demonstrable experience of managing project delivery for multi-disciplinary highways schemes.
Connecting countries, cities and communities, our Transportation team works on some of the most challenging projects of our time. Helping people to travel reliably and more efficiently, we transform rail and highway infrastructure. So, get on board and play a big part in our success.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.