Principal Engineer - HVAC
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
Responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects on multidisciplinary projects.
- Applies professional knowledge and experienced judgement, but refers to more senior staff for more complex matters
- Develop detailed designs from the schematic designs for large projects and develop schematic for small to medium projects.
- Shall check and carry out independent reviews of work done by the team.
- Provide technical direction and on the job training to junior members of the team.
- Able to present their technical work and that of their team on the project.
- Provide site backup on technical/design issues, where required
- Shall ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned tasks between all the disciplines.
- Managing one’s own time and time of others reporting to them.
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities but will not have formal client or sales accountability.
- Responsible for compliance with Atkins QA/QC procedures and implementation of procedures.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical from a recognised Institute with a minimum of 18 years of relevant industry experience or Masters from recognised institute with a minimum of 15 years of relevant industry experience.
- Proficient in sustainable engineering practices, Green Building Regulations as LEED, BREEAM, ESTIDAMA.
- Knowledge of software’s such as Hevacomp, HAP, IES etc
- In addition to proficiency in Indian standards, shall have working knowledge of at least one of the international codes of practice such as British, ASHRAE etc.
- Experience of working on international standards is an added advantage.
- Membership of institutes such as IMECHE, IET, CIBSE etc.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT-MEP, current construction practices and contracting standards
Knowledge in French would be an advantage.
We in Atkins believe that people matter the most and this belief of ours has led to instilling a culture that embraces people irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.