Principal Engineer - Offshore Structures
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Are you a structural engineer with experience of offshore analysis and design? Are you looking for your next career opportunity in Oil & Gas or Offshore Wind? If so, we'd love you to apply for this role.
Within the Engineering and Consulting business we provide services across a wide range of disciplines and applications in the Oil & Gas and Offshore Wind markets. We work on some of the most exciting and varied projects in the offshore sectors, including integrity management, front end studies, detailed design and offshore repairs.
Our operation in Central London supports projects focused on the design, analysis and integrity management of fixed and floating offshore structures in the Oil and Gas and Offshore Wind markets.
We are looking for structural engineers who have demonstratable experience of advanced analysis techniques and the application of design codes to provide practical solutions to our clients’ challenges.
As a senior member of the team, you will lead technical delivery of work packages and develop the capability of a team of engineers. You will be responsible for leading structural engineering analysis for the assessment and design of a range of different types of offshore structure. You will deliver high quality technical work, ensure compliance with relevant codes and standards as well as internal best practice procedures and contribute to the continual development of the design approach and methodology.
• With excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills, you will be able to build relationships effectively and assist in winning work from new and existing clients.
• With a proven track record of leading a range of design and analysis tasks, you take personal responsibility in achieving the best from yourself and colleagues to ensure client satisfaction.
• You are keen to support, mentor and develop the capability of the team.
• You are comfortable and adaptable to working in new and changing environments.
• You have good attention to detail and are able to make sound judgements under pressure.
• You are driven and motivated to excel in a varied and rewarding career, looking to make the most of the opportunities that Atkins offers as part of the SNC-Lavalin Group.
You have a strong background in offshore structural engineering with the following minimum qualifications:
- Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, structural, naval architecture or similar;
- Chartered Engineer with a recognised engineering institution;
You will also have extensive experience in most of the following:
- Design and assessment of offshore structures to relevant code requirements (e.g. ISO, DNV, NORSOK, API);
- Linear and non-linear structural analysis using SESAM/GeniE and USFOS;
* Application of environmental and topsides loading;
* Spectral and Deterministic Fatigue;
* Ultimate and Accidental Limit States;
* Ship impact;
- Technical understanding of environmental wave and wind loading.
- Technical understanding of soil/pile interactions;
- WTG coupled analysis;
- Linear and non-linear FEA in ABAQUS or a similar package.
Atkins is a fast paced, innovative, and exciting environment in which to develop your career. The right individual will play a key part in maintaining our best in class reputation and be part of an integrated team with a strong new business/start up mentality shaping the future of the global offshore wind sector by leading delivery and technical excellence across all aspects of your role.
Our global opportunities and innovation initiatives will allow you to excel and build upon your strengths whilst working with, leading and developing teams of talented multi discipline engineers as we continue our growth into existing and exciting emerging offshore wind markets.
Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. We work flexibly to support our projects and clients. This means travel to other offices or temporary secondments may sometimes be required,
We work in the UK and Globally, opportunities for international travel exist and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments are welcomed.
We know that offshore wind is a new industry, therefore we encourage applications from individuals from similar engineering or project backgrounds who believe they have the necessary skills and experience to join Atkins on their Offshore Wind and renewables journey.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.