Principal Engineer - Rivers
Do you have the drive, skills and ability to work with us as a Principal Engineer, helping lead and shape the future of Atkins’ rivers, dams and maritime business? Following our success with the Environment Agency's Collaborative Delivery Framework, the role will involve working with a respected technical team and working collaboratively to both secure and deliver work across the client portfolio in the South West.
In the Rivers, Dams and Maritime practice, our work centres around water and its journey from source to sea. We combine enthusiasm and passion with our technical expertise to solve complex engineering challenges that improve the world we live in. Our typical projects include river and coastal flood defence works, dams and reservoir remedial works and sea ports. We work on projects throughout their life cycle, from condition assessments and feasibility studies through to design and construction.
We enjoy successful partnerships with our clients, other consultants and contractors from the private and public sector, delivering high profile infrastructure projects. Our collaborative approach ensures the projects we deliver meet our client’s needs in a sensitive and sustainable way. We embrace new technologies to design innovative outcomes that complement the environment and communities in which they reside; locally, nationally and globally.
Our talented, award-winning team come from diverse backgrounds and have wide-ranging experience, which enables us to deliver a broad variety of projects. As a leading member of our team, you will work on this diverse range of opportunities that will allow you to share and broaden your skills and knowledge within an agile, digital environment. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to experience new challenges and design for the future. We offer a balanced career which will provide flexibility around your personal life, empowering you to progress and achieve your personal aspirations. Your story starts here.
- Chartered Engineer with an industry profile in the fields of river, dams or coastal engineering.
- Strong collaborative and network behaviours to interface with other disciplines and businesses in delivering leading multidisciplinary engineering design projects.
- Working familiarity with relevant technical Codes of Practice and industry Standards.
- A strong track record of resource planning and performance management.
- Experience of working with offshore support teams would be an advantage.
- Leading the delivery of projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
- Leading in developing our service lines and delivering business development targets.
- To maintain and expand a portfolio of clients, maintaining excellent professional relationships which can lead to secure new and repeat business.
- Build client and internal relationships and help identify business opportunities; being the first point of contact.
- Ensure the quality of project work meets the agreed requirements and specifications.
- Managing supplier resources to deliver projects to time, quality and budget.
- Inspiring and mentoring colleagues in developing their technical knowledge and understanding.
- Stakeholder focused with a good level of relationship management skill.
- Strong reputation and high level of technical performance.
- Possessing an agile, winning attitude.
- Able to generate innovative outcomes to challenges and follow them through.
- Self-motivated towards improving personal and team development.
- Excellent technical leadership and communication skills.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.