Principal Mechanical Engineer (Oil & Gas, Rotating)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, employing more than 18,000 people worldwide.
We're part of SNC-Lavalin, one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. We support public and private sector clients with the delivery of complex infrastructure projects, from upfront strategic advice to large, outcome-focused programme management.
Within the oil and gas division, our operations focus on fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and subsea pipelines. Having worked on 1000 oil and gas installations around the world, we are now the operator's 'go to' company for difficult challenges from life extension to innovative new design.
We listen and lead across boundaries, bringing lessons learned from one discipline to another to help realize our client's vision. We deliver what we say we will, building relationships based on trust and integrity: there when we’re needed, fast; committed for the long term; adapting to changes and leaning into challenges.
- Preparation of project deliverables as per cost, schedule and quality requirements
- Act as Lead Mechanical engineer to manage rotating aspects of a project team
- Maintain technical integrity within the team
- Ensure that the client business drivers and company performance incentives are fully understood by all discipline personnel being supervised
- Fully conversant with international design codes for rotating equipment such a Process Pumps, Utility Pumps, Process Compressors, Turbine Generators, Diesel Generators, Material Handling equipments etc.
- Fully conversant with materials used for rotating equipments
- Fully conversant with rotating equipment operation and maintenance issues and requirements
- Fully conversant with Rotating Equipment instrumentation and controls
- Assist with mechanical team objectives as required by Mechanical Team Lead
- Ensure that the technical competence of mechanical staff supervised is matched to the work in hand
- Proven experience in managing project engineering teams
- Preparation, estimation and approval of bid man hour estimates
- Grade A English language competence
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institute (or equivalent)
- Minimum 15 years of experience in rotating equipment design of onshore and offshore oil & gas related projects
- Competent to carry out all activities in the Design-Check-Approve-Authorize cycle for rotating equipment
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants