Principal OLE Design Engineer
Principal OLE Design Engineer
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
The UK & Europe Transportation Division in Atkins brings together the capabilities of our key markets, Strategic Highways, Strategic Rail, Local Transport, into a single £450m turnover business of 3,750+ talented engineers and professionals. The transport infrastructure sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of investment and Atkins is playing lead roles in key projects across the UK and Europe from high-speed rail to major road programmes to Digital Railway implementation. It is not just about today, the business is investing and building new capability and services in intelligent mobility, digital asset management and new products for the rail market. Our teams work closely with Government, national and local authorities to deliver integrated transport strategies and solutions that support economic growth and improved journeys for all.
We undertake projects from feasibility through to detailed design and construction management. Our engineers are skilled in the design of OLE projects, Layout Plans, Cross sections, Switching cross sections, Section Diagrams and Bonding plans.
We have committed forward workload and a strategy to achieve growth through expanding our existing client base to provide consultancy services including outline design, detailed design, and consultancy advice.
- You will hold a minimum qualification of HNC in Electrical/Mechanical discipline.
- An experience proven in the production of all aspects attributed to OLE designs.
- Experience at managing interface issues with other rail engineering disciplines on multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Good understanding of Network Rail Standards, Group Standards, British / European Standards and Railway Safety Principles.
- Experience with managing interfaces between global design teams.
- Proficient in the use of Microstation CAD system.
- Previously acted as CRE for OLE design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Technical expert
- Respected in wider rail industry with demonstrable client technical interface experience.
- Ideally you will hold a Degree and be qualified to Chartered Engineer status (or working towards) with relevant and appropriate experience of OLE engineering design /consultancy.
- An understanding in the use of Auto Cad.
- The Individual
- Able to think logically and laterally, solving problems creatively and assessing them rationally.
- Able to multitask and respond to short-notice changes.
- Able to act with initiative and to take responsibility.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently and within a team.
- Able to organise self and others.
- Able to work to time and cost budgets.
- Able to learn about new subjects quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express ideas, concerns, solutions, suggestions in written or oral form in such a way as to be understood by those with or without a technical background.
- Positive with a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to demonstrate experience in a similar role.
- Willing to work with Clients and their project teams.
- Identify and input to activities in support of the wider business objectives that may draw upon skills in addition to those outlined above.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs