Principal Process Engineer (Lead Engineer)
Principal Process Engineer (Lead Engineer)
A refinery production and operations engineer will be directly responsible to both the Engineering Manager and the Head of Process Engineering for the organisation, production, and quality of the work.
Their duties are to inform SNC-Lavalin on the production and operations within refinery and petrochemical sites. To work closely with the operators of existing assets and developers of new assets in business development, studies, and projects.
They make technical decisions, direct the activities of other process personnel on studies and projects, coordinate design efforts with all other groups on the job, and maintain the process records for the project. They report progress and ensure compliance with relevant standards and procedures.
Objectives of Job:
To allow SNC-Lavalin to better meet the expectations of process asset owners and developers through a knowledge of production and operations.
Main Function within Department:
Role envisaged for candidate is to be a Specialist supporting business development, proposals, studies, and contracts.
The candidate shall -
- act as a focal point for asset operations supporting SNC-Lavalin’s work.
- work closely with owners to understand their assets, identify problems within their assets, and propose solutions.
- work alongside study and project teams to tailor their approach to meet the expectations of clients.
- meet with clients in support of business development, proposals, studies, and projects.
- contribute to business development, proposals, studies, and projects.
- lead studies.
- assist in developing a core professional process engineering presence in the London Area offices.
- ensure technical integrity of work being carried out by team by the use of SNC-Lavalin Integrated Management System, processes, procedures, rules, and standards.
- implement improvements directed towards showing profitable operation, growth of business and the enhancement of the teams competence and performance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Role envisaged for candidate is to be a specialist in the area of production and operations within the Low Carbon and Onshore Projects group: to be responsible for the technical adequacy, completeness, and quality of engineering deliverables and activities related to the studies and projects.
- Act as a focal point for production and operations with the group.
- Attendance at weekly business development and work planning meetings.
- Identification of changes against scope of works.
- Participation in technical meetings with Client, Partners, Suppliers, Licensors, and Sub-Contractors.
- Planning and weekly reporting.
- Control of deliverables for studies.
- Participate as required in Design Reviews and Technical Audits.
- To implement improvements directed towards showing profitable operation, growth of business and the enhancement of the team’s competence and performance.
- Identifying new appropriate technologies applicable to our Client’s facilities and environment, evaluate these both technically and commercially, and where appreciable opportunities exist, progress deployment in operations.
- Participating in concept selection of new processing plants through options evaluation, simulations, optimisations, and design review of deliverables from design consultants.
- Participating in, or providing input to, study / projects audits / reviews during concept development, design basis, conceptual and detailed design basis.
- Working with other disciplines in the company to ensure all interfaces with other parts of the plant are fully engineered.
- Assisting Senior Management in establishing policies and objectives directed towards ensuring profitable and safe operations, growth of business and the enhancement of the Company's technical competence and performance in Process Engineering.
As well as leading teams of Process Engineers on projects the candidate shall be sometimes be responsible for:
- Study Reports.
- Operations Philosophies.
- Technology Selection.
- Integration and Optimisation Studies.
- Process Scheme Design including Flow Sheets (BFD, PFD, UFD, PLD, P&ID).
- Modelling, Design calculations, H&MBs.
- Write Bases, Philosophies, Standards, Specifications, and Reports for Studies and Projects.
- Licensor and Vendor design review.
- Assistance during construction and commissioning.
- BEng, BSc, MEng, or MSc in Chemical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Candidate shall be a CEng with IChemE or other relevant institution.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in the Oil, Gas and Process Industries.
- Experience of onshore and offshore oil and gas projects.
- Preferred experience with CCUS, Syngas, Hydrogen, and Fuels.
- Experience with commissioning and operation of process plant.
Note: In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed the jobholder is required to perform other related duties assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs