Principal Project Engineer – Rolling Stock
This year promises to be an exciting year for SNC-Lavalin Atkins, as the Rail Consulting division continues to grow and our Rolling Stock Projects team is now looking for a Principal Project Engineer to deliver some challenging deliverables in the year ahead and beyond.
Other essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with team leaders, section head, the commercial team and others within the business to support both the projects team and broader business objectives.
- Deputise for the Section Head – Projects as required, supporting the development of the team and allocation and management of work Support the continued development of people and processes within the team, utilising your experience to bring new ideas and solutions.
- Assist the Commercial team in targeting clients, as per pre assigned portfolios on the basis of developing continued and new business.
- Ensure that work is completed on time, to budget, to the client’s satisfaction and in accordance with Rail Consulting procedures and safety management system.
- Manage supply chains ensuring procurement is suitably specified and managed.
- Through a network of existing contacts, be able to bring new opportunities to the team and business, and be capable of generating new work.
- Create and maintain reporting processes and systems to ensure that your line manager is kept fully up to date with work progress.
- Create, manage and maintain effective cross-functional, interdepartmental relationships to ensure the organisation delivers the most cost effective service to customers.
Required Experience & Skills
You will be a Chartered Engineer with a degree in a relevant discipline and have a wealth of experience in delivering projects in the Rolling Stock domain from a consultancy, new build, maintenance or operating capacity. You will have a knowledge of the risks associated with each aspect of the lifecycle of a Turnkey project such as; bidding, concept, detailed design, rolling stock approvals, material procurement and installation, maintenance and warranty.
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical and dental insurance, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.