Process Engineer - Belfast
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies; we have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. Applying a networked management approach, with focus on staff empowerment, trust and agility, our fast-paced business can match your ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Process Engineer to join our Mechanical Electrical and Process (MEP) team in Belfast and we plan to utilise your specialist skills to provide innovative multidisciplinary engineering solutions for our Clients.
The MEP Practice within Atkins Infrastructure division is a well-established, multi-disciplinary, water engineering practice with an extensive global portfolio of asset creation, improvement and optimisation projects. Our technical expertise and highly skilled teams incorporate process, mechanical and electrical engineers, forming a multidisciplinary approach to delivering solutions to clients managing, building and investing in water and wastewater infrastructure projects. By drawing on the experience and knowledge from our UK and global Process technical network you will be encouraged to enhance your continuing professional development with ground breaking technological process advances within the water industry. From this class-leading technical foundation, your abilities will be developed to allow you to craft innovative, sustainable solutions and help us face the challenges to take advantage of the digital revolution and embed resilience in our delivered solutions to enhance our reputation with our Clients.
The role of Process Engineer within the Mechanical, Electrical and Process Engineering team, part of the Engineering Practice within the Infrastructure UK business, will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
• Develop and undertake research and development projects for UK Water Utility Clients
• Manage external sampling and technical resources.
• Technical report writing.
• Supporting projects as part of a team including other Atkins employees and client staff.
• Engineering design within the Water and associated Industrial sectors.
• Feasibility, outline and detailed process design work.
• Liaison with Clients within the UK and Ireland.
• Working with and developing process tools such as mass balances and process flow diagrams.
• Development of design solutions for clean and dirty water applications.
• Contribute to the delivery of projects as per Atkins quality systems and within budget and programme.
• Degree level qualification or equivalent within Process/Chemical Engineering
• Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes as a minimum
• Demonstrable experience within the water and/or wastewater engineering sector
• Proven understanding of the design process
• Fundamental understanding of water and wastewater treatment technologies
• Ability to provide a customer focussed service
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Positive outlook and approachable manner.
• Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal staff and external clients.
• Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
• Well-motivated, able to work as part of a team or on individual assignments when required.
• Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
• Flexible and available to work within the rest of the UK, if necessary.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.