The Process Engineer has responsibilities for the process engineering deliverables of the project, cost and schedule. More specifically this involves process engineering activities on behalf of the Project Process Engineering Lead to ensure that process engineering deliverables of the particular scope are both completed and produced on schedule, while maintaining quality and controlling deviations in the scope, cost and the schedule.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of the project scope and develop plan to execute the work within given schedule. For small projects, the candidate should be able to develop the process engineering scope of work
- Develops process engineering deliverables (block flow diagram, process flow diagram, process simulation, energy & material balances, piping & instrumentation diagrams, line schedule, equipment sizing, multi-phase hydraulics including slurry, equipment/ instrument data sheets etc.) independently without guidance and in a team environment
- Participates in project review meetings and client meetings, as and when required by the project lead/ project management
- As a team player, maintains interfaces with all disciplines and ensures that requirements of other disciplines and project is catered to
- Establish and maintain interfaces and a positive relationship with the client and all other external parties
- Assists Process Engineering Lead/ Project Engineering Manager in development of the Project Procedures Manual, Project Execution Plan, and other project initiation activities
- Assist in development of engineering effort estimates for changes in ongoing projects and for new work scope; proactively implement the change management process
- Promote the use of company’s processes, tools and procedures and project specific procedures and work processes
- Achieving productivity, quality and other performance related goals
- Always comply with Company’s Code of Conduct
- Complying with all company and departmental policies and procedures including all Health, Safety, and Environment policies
- Demonstrating behavior that reflects professionalism, ethics, integrity and respect, and represents SNC-Lavalin’s best interests
- Completed post-secondary education and or combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 4 - 8 years’ experience as a Process Engineer in Oil & Gas industry out of which minimum of 3 years’ experience in oil sands industry
- Registered Professional Engineer in Alberta or eligible for registration
- Proficient in process engineering tools and methods such as Aspen Hysys suites, Flarenet, software for hydraulic calculations etc.
- Proficient in developing Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), energy & material balances, equipment sizing, system hydraulics, control valve/ relief valves sizing, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), line schedule, relief loads estimation etc.
- Thorough, detailed knowledge and hands-on experience of process engineering aspects of Oil & Gas industries; knowledge of oil sands industry including oil sand mining will be an asset
- In depth technical knowledge and understanding of discipline key work processes as well as overall project development processes
- Have knowledge of Canadian Oil & Gas industry and its standards, practices and requirements
- Good interpersonal skills and easy to approach
- Solid problem solving, planning and organizational abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Site engineering experience in Alberta Oil and Gas market an asset
- Experience in project reviews (HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, Model Review) will be an asset
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.