Process Safety Consultant
Atkins is one of the world's largest global design consultancies providing technical safety services worldwide through our 300 offices. We are now established as part of the SNC Lavalin Group. Our Oil and Gas Division is a leading independent supplier of engineering and specialist services to the Oil and Gas industry.
We provide Process Safety consultancy services across a wide range of clients and facilities covering oil sands extraction, gas production, offshore installations, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and pipelines, and work on some of the most exciting and varied projects in the sector with a proven track record of providing quality technical support. We also second suitable personnel to clients to provide process safety or technical safety services for projects and operation support.
We are seeking a mid-level Process Safety Consultant to join our Calgary Office on a part-time contract, seconded to a client to support a continuous series of capital improvement projects on existing oil sands facilities. The position is not anticipated to be full-time (40 hour per week) continuous work.
- Ability to self-manage all technical safety aspects across several projects simultaneously.
- Proven technical competence and demonstrated skills in scoping, organizing, facilitating and scribing process hazard analysis such as HAZIDs and HAZOP/LOPA.
- Documenting, reporting and tracking PHA recommendations to closure.
- Ability to understand and interpret the existing facility Loss Prevention Philosophy to maintain consistency as projects are executed.
- Ability to generate deliverable lists and hour estimates for technical safety for project scopes.
- Ability to accurately report technical safety progress on projects and on office safety initiatives.
- Excellent technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Client focused, with a drive to produce high quality work.
- A co-operative and helpful attitude to colleagues and clients.
- Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work.
- Able to work independently and in small teams.
- Acceptance of professional responsibility for work carried out.
- Ability to complete specifically assigned tasks to time and cost.
Flexible in working hours when required. Occasional travel within Alberta may be required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, (Chemical, Mechanical, Petroleum, Energy, Risk Engineering, etc).
- Over 5 years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years in the field of technical safety. Preferably with a background in Oil Sands and EPC.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required. Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in good standing with APEGA
- State Licensed Insurance Adjuster preferred
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.