Procurement and Supply Chain Director
Procurement and Supply Chain Director
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
We are looking for an experienced individual determined to have an impact and able to appropriately balance challenging the status-quo with engaging stakeholders. You will be a high-energy individual, commercially astute, with excellent financial skills and a proven track record of success. We are looking for a professional who can demonstrate leadership and get directly involved in delivering improvements and business savings.
The role will report into the Transformation Director and be responsible across the various markets within Transportation (Strategic Rail, Highways, Signalling and Local Transport) for an annual spend of c£100M and a core supply chain of c300 suppliers.
The role will involve an initial assessment of current approaches to procurement, supply chain management, and supplier development. This will involve engagement with stakeholders to understand current and future needs and the formulation of a clear 3-year plan.
The role will include leadership and indirect management of a current team of nine procurement professionals.
- Create a vision and strategy for procurement and supply chain for the next 3 years
- Influence, engage, and advise stakeholders across the business at all levels
- Engage with colleagues across the wider group to share and embed best practice
- Provide support to work winning teams to leverage evidence of supply chain capability
- Manage and develop the functional team in line with external best practice (e.g. CIPS)
- Ensure specific and bespoke procurement solutions are in place for key contracts and clients
- Manage complex procurement programmes within a project delivery environment
- Ensure all procurement processes are automated and e-enabled where appropriate
Supply chain -
- Ensure all contracts balance risk and opportunity for the business and the supply chain
- Ensure all supplier relationships deliver two-way benefits and value for money
- Embed required standards and continuous improvement into supplier relationships
- Develop supply chain competence and capability in ED&I, HSE, sustainability, etc
- Ensure key supplier relationships have the appropriate structures and governance in place
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment.
We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs